Parents

Today was the day, the day of the Oscars. Stefani even called Bradley early in the morning. She wanted to make sure that everything was fine and that he was fine too. To her surprise, he suddenly stood at her front door with a bouquet of flowers and a basket. After opening the door, the two shared a long hug.

I missed you!

B, we saw each other last night, only 7 hours ago ... but I missed you too!

He put a kiss on her head.

Do you still have time for breakfast?

She nodded and pulled him into the house.

I always have time for you!

This is good because I got bread.

Stefani changed and Bradley was preparing breakfast. When she came down the stairs it smelled delicious like eggs and bacon. The table was full of delicious things. She looked to all this food on the table.

That's insane! You're really cute! Thank you ...

Bradley took her hand and ran his thumb across her palm.

Everything for my queen!

They both talked while eating breakfast. An hour later, the first people from her team arrived. He knew, now was the time to go. Stefani accompanied him a little longer.

Thanks for the wonderful morning! I can bet that the evening will be at least as nice.

She clung to him. Her nose buried in his neck and inhaled his smell.

I love you!

He pulled back a little, looked at her and lowered his lips to hers. It was a very tender and sweet kiss. After they ran out of air, Stefani snuggled back against his chest.

I love you too!

They held on for a moment, but then Bradley pulled away and went to his car. Stefani waved to him again as he drove off the yard and started to smile. When she was back in her house, Sarah came to her.

Did you tell him?

No ...

And when do you want to tell him?

Then when the right moment is there.

________

Bradley already arrived with Irina and Gloria and was even photographed by the many photographers.
After being in the theater, all his attention was on the front door. Sam had also come to greet Bradley. He was almost like a second father to him. Suddenly all the photographers started screaming.

I think she's there ... come on ... go to her! Go to your girl!

He wanted to say something, but Sam just nodded at him.

I know.

Bradley nodded too and headed for her. When he saw her, his mouth opened. She looked beautiful in her black dress. They went to the next corner and talked until it started.
A little later it was finally time for her appearance. They went hand in hand to the piano and faded out the whole audience. Only the two existed in their little world. Bradley started to sing and she immediately noticed a tingling sensation in her stomach. She trembled a little and put her hand on her stomach. He finished his part and she sat down at the piano and started to sing. They looked into each others eyes all the time. Bradley put his microphone away and sat on the piano bench with her. His arm was wrapped around her waist, her faces just inches apart. They would have kissed, but at the last second they could still stop themselves. After their performance, they went backstage.

Bradley, I have to tell you something, later-

Okey. Are you going to the after party?

I don't think so.

Please, just for an hour? I'll be there too.

He grinned at her. Both went back to their seats. A short time later it was announced that she had won her first Oscar. They immediately fell into each others arms.
_______

Irina had already left the party. Bradley and she were just together for PR reasons. Stefani and Bradley spent the whole evening together. It was a wonderful day. So many great moments with each other and an Oscar. They were sitting on a balcony outside. The crowd was raging and celebrating inside, but they enjoyed a quiet evening. Bradley had put his jacket over her shoulders.

You're not drinking?

What should that mean?

Stef, I know you, don't get me wrong, but it's not you, when you don't drink some alcohol on a party.

Hm, I don't feel like drinking today ...

Both looked into the distance and watched the citys nightlife. Even though they were silent, they said a million words.

Stef, what did you want to tell me earlier? Is everything alright? Something bad happened?

She looked into his blue eyes. She took his big, strong hand and put it on her belly. There were tears in her eyes and she smiled uncertainly. Bradleys hand stroked her stomach.

Are you?

She nodded. Her hand was still on his and a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

I don't know what to say-

I'm so sorry! I should have-

Shhh! I didn't mean that at all. We're going to have a baby, Stef! You make me the happiest man in the whole world!

He took her face and gave her a long, powerful kiss on the lips. When he pulled back she could see the tears in his eyes as well.

I'm so happy!

Bradley lifted her out of her chair and put her on his lap. She snuggled up to him and wrapped her arms around his body.

How far are you?

I haven't been to the doctor yet, but the test said 8 weeks.

Bradley pressed his lips to the back of her neck and whispered something in her ear.

I love you and our baby! Thanks for telling me!