Oscar After

Hey, there you are.

He smiled and gave her a kiss. She already had her pyjamas on and was ready for bed. He, on the other hand, had just come back and was still in his suit.

Your mom is already sleeping in the guest room and Lea fell asleep in her bed 10 minutes ago. I wanted to wait for you.

She rubbed her nose against his, an Eskimo kiss.

I'm going to take a quick shower and then I'll come, okay? Have you eaten anything?

Yeah. I also made you some pasta because I thought you might be hungry, too?

Bradley was taking off his suit and running around just in his boxers.

Actually yes, but I think I'm too knackered to eat anything now.

He smiled at her and the corners of her mouth automatically curled upward with him.
He quickly jumped into the shower, hurrying because it was already late. When he was done and he went into their shared bedroom, he found her already snuggled into their large blanket.
She held up one side of the blanket for him to slip under. His eyes wandered to the clock that stood on the nightstand. There was exactly one minute left.

Make a wish Stef.

She closed her eyes and leaned her forehead against his.

Happy Birthday!

He gave her a long kiss, so loving and passionate.

And because it's your birthday now and today was quite a busy day, I have something for you!

You know you don't have to get me anything!

He leaned over the bed so he could reach into his nightstand drawer.

It's just a little something. I couldn't help thinking of you.

She sat up and carefully opened the lid of the box he was holding.

Oh my God!

With joy she put her hand over her open mouth and tears formed in her eyes.
He had bought her a gold chain with a thin heart pendant. The thin metal plate was a little dull so you could see the shiny writing.

La vie en rose.

She looked a little closer at the necklace and found their initials on the back.

It's beautiful! Thank you, B! You always have such special gifts.

Special gifts, for a very special girl, my girl!

She closed her hand with the necklace and reached for his face with the other to give him a soulful kiss.

You do realize that when I was on stage, I could only look at you?

Do you think I felt different?

He laughed a little and then pulled her back into another kiss.

I still have to thank Bobby! Without him, if you had won, I would never have had my love by my side!

Oh believe me, I would have argued until they let me introduce your category!

True.

He threw his head back into the pillows and ran a hand through his hair. She still lay facing him sideways and watched his features.

My Italian lady knows exactly what she wants and with her cuteness she always gets everything she wants.

She threw her head back laughing and then nudged his shoulder.

Hey, you have to be glad, otherwise a certain Mister Cooper would never have dared to even make the first move.

That's right.

It slowly became quiet between them. She carefully placed the necklace on her nightstand and turned off the light so that the whole room was dark. Even though they couldn't see each other, the warmth of the other was palpable.
He put his arm over her and snuggled close.

Now we just have to wait for them to give us the green light and then we can start planning.

She laid her head on his hand and spread soft kisses on his skin.

You have to finish Maestro first.

But I can't wait to film with you again!

We're such a cliché, you know that? The Hollywood couple who fell in love while shooting A Star is Born.

Maybe we are a cliché, but that's why we found each other. I found my soulmate.

And I found mine!

She turned her head back so far that he could kiss her.

Hmmm-

She wanted to say something, but he silenced her by kissing her.
She pulled back a little as he made the same gesture he had made in the hotel scene of A Star is Born. His hand wandered.

B!

Huh?

Don't! Your mama and Lea!

She laid her head back as he spread gentle kisses on her neck.

Bradley Charles Cooper, stop it!

She came back to herself.

No!

He gave her another kiss on her lips and then on her forehead, only to pull her tightly back into his arms.

I just love you so much!

I love you too, but not now, okay? Don't be angry!

I'm not angry, you're right. I would never be angry! Above all, you have your rehearsal tomorrow anyway.

What do you mean with telling me that now?

She turned around again and looked at him with an indignant expression.

Yeah, I mean you're already 36 and-.

She inhaled in her breath loudly.

Are you telling me that I'm too old for you?

She tried to come across as indignant, but her grin gave her away.

No, just maybe we need a little less-

Don't you dare!

I guess someone changed her mind? Pretty quickly even?

Just shut the fuck up and kiss me!

He did, every single part of her body.