I can't save us

Cause in my heart and in my head
I'll never take back the things I said
So high above, I feel it coming down
She said, in my heart and in my head
Tell me why this has to end
Oh, no, oh, no

I can't save us, my Atlantis, we fall
We built this town on shaky ground
I can't save us, my Atlantis, oh, no
We built it up to pull it down

••••••••••••

What time does the show start?

At 8 pm. It will last another three hours.

She smiled at him as he put his arm around her. Together they lay on their big bed, her body between his legs, back turned to him, leaning lazily against his chest. The last weeks and months had been hard. He was, however, completely overwhelmed by her strength and willpower. Corona had completely destroyed some things and had already brought so much suffering, but Stefani was fighting. She fought not only for herself, but for the world.

I am so proud of you!

He gave her a gentle kiss on her hair, breathing in her scent. As much suffering as this virus had taken, it had also brought them closer together. He was practically living with Lea in her Hollywood home and was overjoyed. Of course, business was still rolling and Lady Gaga was still one of the busiest women in the world, but they were together. There was no space between them, no ocean or countless other states that had to be crossed before they could be together. They were together, every day, every evening, every night.

I think all the work was worth it. I really think that maybe it brings a little bit of joy to people. I mean, I have you and Lea. My team, my friends are here, I'm not alone, but what about those who are alone?

I'm so glad we're here, together. I don't know what I would do without you!

She gently pressed her lips to his fingers.

I can't wait to see the whole show with you later, your show. You've worked so long for this and look how much money you've raised. I'm so proud of you. It's going to be a great night.

I would have loved it so much if we could watch it together.

What do you mean?

Michael's coming over later.

Why?

His body tensed. He didn't want to believe what she was referring to. A certain numbness spread through him.

I need to do some livestreams later, promote the whole thing a bit and- it's the best opportunity for that.

At this point, he slowly withdrew his hand. A wave of disappointment came over him as he understood more and more that she was serious.

Did Bobby say that?

No. That was my idea. It needs to come across more real, you know. People still talk.

Are you serious right now?

She had noticed the change in his voice, the disappointment. Slowly, she sat up a little more so she could look at him. He whispered, not wanting to believe what she was saying, what her words meant. By now he was no longer lying comfortably but had also sat up, visibly tense and somehow shocked. He was moving further and further away from her, unable to stay close when he was feeling so much pain because of her behavior. It was a feeling he had never felt before in her presence, not through her.

You're just telling me right now that you're not going to watch the show with me because he's coming over and you want to promote this fake relationship even more?