chapter seven

As soon as you entered the main area of your home, you were struck with an extreme sense of nostalgia.

Everyone was laughing, talking, Sasha was talking about what she wanted for dinner...

Everything seemed normal. Just like how you wanted it to be.

Today, you wanted a nice meal with your friends. You wanted to talk and laugh and joke with them, just like you used to.

With a smile on your face, you walked closer to them, stopping when you were right behind Hange.

"What would everyone like for dinner?" you asked, effectively shutting everyone up.

Sasha immediately smiled and perked up, her gaze now locked on you.

"What do you have?"

You thought about it for a second. Truth be told, you didn't really know; Levi had stocked up the kitchen and the pantry.

"Hmm. Well... I'll make it a surprise."

Sasha groaned and fell back against the couch, dramatically holding her hand over her forehead.

Levi huffed from beside you. "All you brats are too damn rowdy. Go sit outside or something while we make dinner."

Hange turned around and looked between you and Levi, a grin painting her face once she realised that Levi wanted to be alone with you.

"That sounds great!" she chimed, clapping her hands together and standing from the couch. "Let's all go sit outside. We can have a sparring competition, just like old times."

Everyone got up from their seats, murmuring between themselves while they all filed out the door.

"Hey, Jean, I bet I can beat you in a fight!" Was the last thing you heard Sasha say, before the door shut.

As soon as it closed, you found yourself wrapped in Levi's arms, his lips desperately hitting yours. Your eyes widened, but you still kissed him back. You didn't know why he was so eager to kiss you, but you were still willing to satisfy his urge.

You carried on until your lack of air forced you to pull away. But, even as you pulled back, Levi chased after you, sneaking in a few more kisses until he pulled away for good.

You smiled up at him, your chest heaving. "What was that for?"

Levi pressed his forehead to yours, his lips turning up at the corners. "I haven't kissed you in so long. Had to do something about it."

Your brows furrowed as you stared at him, your hands coming down to rest against his chest, feeling his heart beating rapidly.

"Levi," you chuckled. "We kissed not even five minutes ago."

His eyes flicked down to your lips, lingering for a while until he met your eyes again.

"Too long."

Your smile turned into a grin and your lips found his again, even though you were still out of breath. Levi kept the kiss short, pulling away after a few moments, knowing you still needed air.

He kept you there for a few more minutes, letting you catch your breath while he settled with kissing all over your neck and face. The tip of your nose, eyelids, between your brows, the corners of your mouth. Then, when he knew that your breathing had gone back to normal, he pressed his lips to yours for one last kiss.

Silently, he stared at you, basking in the presence of the one person he loved more than anything.

After he was satisfied, he took your hand and led you into the kitchen, kissing your forehead one last time before going over to the icebox and taking out your ingredients.