chapter thirteen

After a long, hard day of training, you and your Squad made your way back to HQ. Isabella and Jodi were a few feet behind you, dragging their feet from exhaustion. August and Hunter took their places next to you, but still walked at least a foot behind you.

When you emerged from the tree line, most people were already inside. You looked to your left, smiling when you saw Levi leaning against a tree, waiting for you.

You turned around to address your Squad. "Good work today, guys," you stated. "Go get something to eat, and you're free for the rest of the evening."

"Yes, Captain." They all saluted and made their way into the building.

When you turned around again, Levi was just a few feet away from you. Without hesitation, you took a step forward, meeting him halfway. He wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you off the ground. You wrapped your legs around his back, then pressed your lips against his.

He kissed you for a few moments, gentle and slow. You ran your fingers through his hair, slightly tugging at the strands. Levi hummed against your lips, and you pulled away slightly when he started to walk back into the forest, still holding you in his arms.

"Where are we going?" you breathed in between kisses, unable to get enough of him.

Levi didn't respond. When he knew that your were far enough into the forest, to the point where you wouldn't be seen, he pressed you up against a tree. You gasped into the kiss, shocked that Levi was doing this.

"Levi," you panted. "What-"

Levi's lips went to your neck, and you threw your head back into the bark of the tree with a soft thump.

He sucked and kissed at your skin, earning a few gasps from you. Hange was expecting you any minute to explain the rest of the plan, and this was what he decided to do?

In a way, you understood. You and Levi had been in each other's arms nonstop for two weeks. Of course he wanted to touch you and feel you. It was pure instinct for him to be close to you by now.

Levi hummed against your skin, making you tighten your legs around him, holding him closer to your body. Your hands roamed his back, his shoulders, his hair. You had to hold something to anchor yourself, to keep you grounded so you wouldn't lose control.

His lips came back to yours, his tongue pushing past your lips while his fingers dug into your skin. It was getting harder and harder to control yourself, but eventually, you knew you had to pull away.

When you pulled back to get some air, Levi pecked your lips a few more times before finally resting his forehead against yours, catching his breath.

"What was that for?" you asked after your breathing returned to normal.

Levi shrugged, then pecked your lips again.

"Levi!" You started to laugh when he peppered kisses all over your face, tickling your skin. He must've really missed you.

After a few more kisses to your cheek, Levi pulled away and gently placed you back on the ground. Your stomach was in knots, and it took everything in you to not fall flat on your face. Levi placed his hands on your hips, steadying you.

"You okay?" he asked, a stupid smirk displayed on his face. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Fine," you grumbled, swatting his hands away, annoyed that he was amused.

Levi chuckled as you stormed away, in the direction of HQ. He walked to catch up with you, then snaked his arm around your waist and pressed a kiss to the side of your head. Your demeanour completely softened, and you turned your head to kiss his shoulder.