chapter sixteen

You woke to the sound of the shower running from the bathroom, and you stretched your limbs with a smile, reminiscing on the wonderful night before. The way Levi made you feel, the way he touched you, the things he'd said to you-

Oh...

It was just then that you realised what day it was.

Today, you were heading out to Marley.

You sat up in the bed and looked out the window. It was early morning, the sun was just starting to peek out from above the trees. It looked like any other morning, except... deep down, it wasn't.

With a sigh, you sound your legs over the bed and shakily stood. Of course, your activities from last night caught up with you this morning. You slowly walked to the bathroom and opened the door, only to find Levi standing underneath the water in the shower.

He looked over at you and smiled, then stretched out his hand. "C'mere."

You walked over to him and took his hand. He pulled you into the shower and wrapped you in his arms, so warm and safe. The water cascaded down your back, soothing your aching muscles from the events of the night before.

Levi saw you wince, and he smirked against your temple. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" he asked, his tone laced with playfulness.

You pouted and buried your face into his neck while he rubbed soap along your back, massaging your muscles. You were pretty sore from last night, but with the hot water cascading down your back and Levi's hands gently massaging your sore muscles, you would be fine in no time.

Levi didn't say anything for a while, and neither did you. You just basked in the warmth and love radiating out of him, forgetting all about the outside world. Nothing besides the two of you existed in this moment.

He placed a tender kiss on your shoulder while his hands roamed along your waist and hips. He was being so gentle and caring, and all you wanted to do was stay here with him for the rest of your life.

You pulled away a little and looked up at him, droplets of water dripping from his wet hair and onto his pale cheeks.

His lips quirked up into a half smile. "Hi."

You grinned at him. "Hi."

Levi leaned forward and tenderly kissed your forehead. His touch was feather-light, but it still sent sparks throughout your body all the same. Whenever he touched you, it was like everything else disappeared.

His skin was so soft and warm, even underneath the water. With utmost gentleness, Levi wrapped his arms around you and pressed you firmly up against him, leaving no space between your bodies.

This was exactly what you wanted - a normal morning with your husband.

The fear and uncertainties about the day ahead could come later.

You rested the side of your face against his shoulder and snuggled into him, cherishing in his warmth. Your body completely relaxed against his, because you immediately knew this was home.

Levi held you for a while, his hands roaming over your sore muscles, his lips dusting over your temple. You placed your hands on his chest, smiling when you felt the tightly packed muscle beneath your fingertips.

How was he so perfect?

After a while, Levi pulled away and stepped out of the shower, leaving you confused. He grabbed a large towel from the cabinet under the sink and walked back over to you to turn the shower off. You smiled when he helped you out of the tub and wrapped the towel around the both of you, your bodies pressed up against each other.