chapter fifteen

[Sexual Content]

¤¤¤¤

Three weeks of training had flown by.

Tomorrow, you were heading out to Marley.

You took a deep intake of breath as you sat at your desk, going through the plan with your Squad a final time. Since you were going to be the first ones off the ship and attacking, your plan had to be perfect.

The past three weeks, all you'd been doing was training. You barely even saw Levi anymore. But that wasn't anyone's fault. Besides, you still saw him at night at home. And he never failed to hold you close to him before you fell asleep, whispering three special words in your ear that meant so much to you.

You unknowingly smiled at the thought of him, but you snapped out of your reverie when Jodi giggled.

"Getting distracted, Captain?" she asked with a cheeky smile.

You looked at her and raised an eyebrow, and they all burst out laughing. Even Hunter, who rarely cracked a smile, started chuckling too.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up," you mumbled dryly, rearranging some papers to try and compose yourself. You looked at their smiling faces, and the reality of the situation finally dawned on you. When they settled down, you looked at them warmly.

They were all just kids, and they all meant so much to you. If anything happened to them...

"Listen," you stated, your gaze set firmly on them. "I need you all to promise me something."

August frowned, clenching his fist, as if he already knew what you were going to say.

"If anything goes wrong tomorrow.." you wavered, then stopped to articulate what you wanted to say. "If anything goes wrong tomorrow, get yourselves back to the ship. Even if I'm in danger, I need you guys to get to safety."

Everyone went silent.

"Okay?" you asked softly, knowing it would be hard for them to accept.

"Captain..." Isabella whispered, her brown eyes looking at you in shock.

You looked at her, a frown on your face as you waited for their replies. You knew how much your Squad cared for you, how much they all loved you. And you loved them just as much. Asking them to do this for you was like torture.

"Please," you whispered. "I just... I need you guys to be safe."

Isabella stood and walked to your side of the desk, took your hand, and pulled you into a hug. This was so forward for her; she was normally so shy. Even so, you wrapped your arms around her tightly. And when you heard the three more pairs of arms wrapping around you, you couldn't help but smile.

"Yes, Captain," Isabella and Jodi said in unison.

You hugged both of them a little tighter.

But August and Hunter still hadn't said anything. Their arms were still around you while you were hugging the girls.

Isabella and Jodi pulled away, knowing that you had to talk to them. You turned around and looked up at the two boys you'd grown so close to. They were like family to you.

You sighed. "I know it's hard," you said softly. "But I just need you to do this one thing for me. I promise that I'll keep myself safe, but... If something happens, I need to know that you two will make it out safely."

Hunter dropped his head. He was silent for a few moments until he finally spoke. "Yes, Captain," he whispered.

You smiled softly and looked at August, knowing it would be hardest for him. He frowned and pursed his lips, stopping himself from saying anything. Eventually, he sighed and nodded. "Yes, Captain."