chapter thirty-two

[Three years later]

¤¤¤¤

Sometimes, things never go as planned.

You never planned on joining the Scouts. You never planned on fighting Titans. When you first met Levi, you had no idea you'd end up marrying him.

You never thought you'd lose people who felt like family. And you certainly never thought you'd make it to where you were today.

If someone told you thirteen years ago that you'd be happily married, owning a teashop with the love of your life, you wouldn't have believed them.

But now... how could you possibly live without it?

Now that you were living a perfect life with the man of your dreams... how could you ever let it go?

You wouldn't. After everything you'd fought for, you would hold on to this life with everything you had.

As you used a teaspoon to swirl your tea, you stared aimlessly out the large front windows of your teashop. You'd done it up pretty nicely, with new furniture and flooring.

It was a pretty quiet day; not too many people were on the streets. You'd had a few customers early in the morning, but the rest of the afternoon had been pretty quiet.

You smiled to yourself. Even though you loved when people came into the teashop, you loved it just as much when it got quiet like this.

Two strong arms wrapped around your waist from behind, and your smile widened when you felt a pair of lips pressing against the crook of your neck.

"What're you thinking about?" Levi asked, his voice sounding muffled against your skin.

"Nothing," you replied, placing your arms over his.

He huffed. "C'mon. I know there's something on your mind, love. What is it?"

You thought for a moment. Then, "Do you ever regret how we got here?"

Levi placed his hands on your hips and turned you to face him. "What do you mean?"

You sighed and placed your hands on his chest, looking off to the side. "I mean... Obviously, we love our lives right now. But when we lived underground, did you ever thing we'd be here?" You paused for a moment. "Do... Do you ever regret how we got here?"

Levi was silent for a few moments. You felt his gaze on the side of your face, and you knew he was picking apart all your thoughts.

"You mean... do I regret you?"

You winced. Even though you didn't directly ask him anything along those lines, it still hurt to hear.

Levi gently gripped your chin with his thumb and forefinger, tilting your head towards him so you'd look into his eyes.

God, he was so beautiful. The long scar across his face added so much to his character that you wanted to simply melt into him. His hair was the same jet-black, falling into his eyes, and he still maintained his undercut, which you had absoloutely no complaints about.

But it was his eyes that got you. Those piercing gray eyes.

He moved his hand to cup your cheek, his thumb dusting gently over your cheekbone.

"I could never, and will never regret you."

You stared at him, at a complete loss for words.

"Everything that we've been through has got us to where we are right now. And, if it meant that I could hold you every night, I'd do it a thousand times over. I'd go through years of pain and suffering, just to get home to you."