chapter nine

As you laid on the couch, you couldn't help but think about the wonderful week you've had.

One whole week with Levi all to yourself.

It had been so fun. For the first few days, you and Levi had relaxed, slept in and didn't leave the house unless it was absolutely necessary. The last few days of the week had been quite similar, except you had been going on walks, going into town, and just sitting outside until the cold air of the night forced you to come back inside. You especially liked going on walks when it was cold, because it gave you an excuse to press closer into Levi, and he especially loved when he had to wrap his arms around you to give you more warmth.

On days where you didn't feel like doing anything, Levi would lay on the couch, bringing you to lay between his legs, your back pressed against his chest while he read your favourite book to you.

He cooked for you, cleaned the house so you could relax, even though you helped him out anyway. He held you while you fell asleep, kissed you awake every morning, going even... further sometimes.

One whole week of happiness with your husband was exactly what you needed. And you still had a week left.

You snuggled further into the blanket that you were wrapped up in as you thought about the week ahead. As you day dreamed, you subconsciously tried to grab Levi's hand, but noticed that he wasn't there. He had actually left the couch a few hours ago, but it had slipped your mind; you were too engrossed in your book that you had placed on the table not too long ago.

Sitting up, you peered over into the kitchen, but he wasn't there. So, you got up off the couch and went to look in the bedroom, the bathroom, but he wasn't there, either.

Standing in the entryway, you furrowed your brows as you looked down the hallway. The office door was open, and you could see a faint light coming from the doorway.

You slowly tiptoed your way towards the door and peeked in, your heart clenching at the sight before you.

Levi was there, sitting at the desk, his hand clenched in his hair as he read something off a piece of paper. He looked worried, his eyebrows creased and a frown on his face as he read. A single candle lit up a portion of the room, giving you just enough light to make out the features on Levi's face.

You stood in the doorway, staring at him. He didn't notice you for a few minutes, and you could feel the worry oozing out of him. You couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey," you whispered.

He looked up, his gaze softening once his eyes locked on yours.

"Hello, sweetheart," he whispered back, making your heart swell at the new name he had for you.

You walked over and looked over his shoulder at what he was holding, your heart skipping a beat as you read the first few words.

Status Report: Eren Jaeger

Location: Marley

You climbed into his lap, straddling him as you kissed him softly. He really was worried about Eren, even if he never showed it.

"You okay?" you asked when you pulled away.

He slipped his hand underneath your shirt and started running his hand down your bare back.

"I'm fine."

He wasn't fine - he looked so worried. How long had he been feeling this way?

"Any news?" you asked.

"On?"

"Eren...?"

Levi sighed and dropped his head, resting his forehead on your shoulder for a while. You placed your hand in his hair, massaging the area that he was pulling at a few moments prior.