chapter ten

Soft rays of sunlight flooded into your room from the windows. Your face scrunched up slightly as you burrowed yourself into the warm, soft blankets.

The bed dipped behind you, and you felt a hand on your waist, and Levi's nose nuzzling affectionately into the crook of your neck. The warmth of the blankets combined with the warmth radiating from him was enough to make you fall back asleep.

That thought was banished from your mind when something... soft and silky touched your nose and lips.

Curious, you opened your eyes just a little, then a little more when your vision turned out to be blurry from how sleepy you still were. Almost instinctively, you pushed back a little into Levi as you started to wake up.

Your eyes opened completely.

And you were met with the sight of a beautiful, red rose.

The most beautiful rose you'd ever seen.

"Happy anniversary."

Levi's voice was right next to your ear, and he pressed a kiss to your cheek as you took the rose from him, holding it like it was made of glass.

It was so beautiful.

You turned to lay on your back, Levi's lips meeting yours in a sweet kiss as soon as he had access to your lips. Eyes closed, you reached out and placed the rose on the bedside table so it wouldn't get damaged in any way.

Your arms wrapped around Levi's neck as his tongue met yours. His hands were on your waist, rubbing up and down your sides, because he knew that it calmed you.

"Happy anniversary," you whispered when Levi pulled away. He looked at you with a soft smile, and you reached up to brush some hair out of his face so you could see him properly. "Thank you for the rose."

Levi smiled and leaned down to nudge his forehead against yours. "Mm..." He kissed your lips, then your cheek, then your neck, his mouth lingering there for a while.

While he was occupied with kissing your neck, your gaze turned back to the rose. Where did he even get it? It was a deep red, the petals were big and beautiful, so soft against your skin. The stem had two leaves protruding out of it... It truly looked magical. Not a single flaw.

Levi noticed that your attention was on the rose, so he decided to help you out a little, to let you know why he got that particular one.

"It reminded me of you," he murmured, his attention glued to your face. "I saw it in the forest on the way here, so I went out early to go and get it for you."

It... reminded him of you?

Sensing your confusion, Levi decided to elaborate. "It's beautiful," he whispered, leaning down to kiss your lips. "It's perfect." He pressed a kiss to your forehead. "It stood out, more than the rest." He kissed both your cheeks. "Not a single flaw." You laughed as he kissed the tip of your nose. "And... it's happy... Just like you." Finally, he pressed another kiss to your lips, and you melted underneath him.

So perfect...

"I love you," you mumbled against his lips.

"I love you more," was his response.

You both laid there for a while, kissing, cuddling, your hands never leaving each other. Eventually, it became too late into the morning, and Levi knew you hadn't eaten yet, so that was his number one priority.

"I'm making you breakfast," he mumbled into you hair, a statement rather than a demand. "What would you like?"

Knowing that Levi was adamant to cook for you, you decided to just roll with it. "Hm," you hummed in thought. "Maybe... uh, pancakes?" you asked, looking up at him sweetly. You knew that Levi wasn't a fan of sweet treats, but maybe this one time...