~43~

Jungkook remembered being a very little boy and crying because another, older boy was being mean to him. He remembered running to go tell his father. It was one of his earliest memories and the only real memory he had of his father before he was abandoned. He remembered how angry his father had been – how abusive he had been. Jungkook was told not to be so weak. People were mean just like his father and more importantly Jungkook learned there was no consolation in crying. There was only more pain.

Jungkook remembered that time. He wanted to cry now, tied in the back of an unmarked suburban with bars across the windows and the stench of too much alcohol-based cleaner used on the leather seats. They almost felt sticky against Jungkook's skin and he grimaced as he peeled his left elbow off the seat. Now was as good of any time to cry but that was something Jungkook would not do. He was not weak. He had spent his entire life proving that.

Things had only gotten progressively worse once Taehyung had been thrown in the vehicle with Jungkook. If he had wanted to cry earlier, he most definitely wanted to cry now.

"Oh god... Jungkook, what did they do to you?"

Jungkook's heart crumpled just a little bit more. He coughed and tried his best to answer Taehyung, voice hoarse and scratchy from screaming from his earlier torture.

"Nothing a little band aid can't fix." Jungkook looked Taehyung up and down. He was battered and bruised himself, blood soaked into the front of some paper-thin dress normally found in hospitals, "What happened to you?"

"Stop talking." It was a low warning given by Moon. Taehyung knew he meant it and his own mouth closed with an explanation that was just on the tip of his tongue.

Jungkook shifted closer, being careful not to be caught in the rear-view mirror as the vehicle lurched into motion, "Please just nod if you're alright." His eyes cut to Taehyung and he saw the older hang his head before giving a brief nod. Jungkook sighed, relieved and let himself fall back against the stickiness of his seat. There was nothing he could do now but wait to see his and Taehyung's fate.

The ride wasn't too long. Jungkook wished it had lasted forever. If they just kept driving away, they would never find the rest of his gang and Jungkook wouldn't have cared what happened to himself.

What was Namjoon going to think? Jungkook had made a panicked decision and he regretted it. He could be leading these men to kill his only real family. He could be destroying everything they had all worked so hard to build.

And Jin.... He would be destroying Jin's innocent soul as well.

Jungkook hadn't lied about the hideout's location. He had been too fearful to lie – already choking and cold and so afraid of whatever kind of physical and mental punishment Yongguk and Jackson's deranged minds could possibly come up with. He had been betting on the one tiny chance that Namjoon could somehow fix all of this and get him out of possibly the worst situation he had ever been in. He had always trusted Namjoon for that. He had always looked up to his leader – Namjoon was the reason he joined the gang and Namjoon was the reason they had all been so successful. Namjoon was clever. Jungkook let himself relax a little against his seat. Namjoon could fix this. It wouldn't be easy but his hyung could fix anything. Jungkook was sure of it.

Taehyung was fidgeting. He didn't like this situation. It had been far too easy for Moon to find him. He had been running out on the street... how any contacts could the assassin have simply out in the public? This had all been too easy. Taehyung was worried. Jungkook was one of the heaviest hitters in the entire gang. He looked defeated, slumped and bruised against his own seat with his hands bound behind his back. His head was hung and if Taehyung looked closely enough, he could have sworn he saw tears shining in those brown eyes. If Jungkook was looking so ragged and overwhelmed there was absolutely no hope for Taehyung.

The car pulled up at the hotel, Jungkook's head hung even lower.

Taehyung leaned into the maknae's side and tried his best to whisper, "How did they know where to go?"

"Because," Moon turned in his seat to stare Taehyung down, face unsmiling and blank and pointing to Jungkook, "He told us where to go. Now, stop talking before I put a bullet in your knee." Somehow, Moon had heard such a small whisper. It was shocking and Taehyung stared with wide eyes as Moon turned back around in his seat.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung sat back, eyes flicking over to Jungkook before landing on the back of Moon's head, "you're a liar!"

Moon turned once more, pulling out a pistol and grabbing Taehyung's leg in one swift motion. His mouth was set in a thin line that dipped downwards when Taehyung let out a little scream of panic.

"I told you. Shut the fuck up." His voice was low.

Taehyung turned to the younger man beside him, eyes shining with something Jungkook really didn't want to believe was hope, "It's not true, is it?"

Jungkook wiggled a bit in his own seat eyes flicking between his friend and the assassin. He offered Taehyung a strained smile and a short nod. He didn't allow himself to see Taehyung's face fall as he turned back towards the assassin, "So you're not going to kill us? Just wound us?" he knew he was treading on thin ice but Moon seemed as though he didn't want to kill them.

"You're going to die. Just not right now." Moon gave Taehyung's leg a hard squeeze until the man whined before letting go and turning back around. It had been a cryptic response but one that let Jungkook know he had a bit more leeway than he first thought.

"Look, I don't know what they're paying you – "

"But you'll pay me double, right?" Moon laughed, turning in his seat to eye Jungkook, "Save it, kid. If I did this just for the money, I'd take you up on it."

"If this isn't about the money," Jungkook's voice waivered, "Then what is it about?"

Moon didn't answer at first. The silence stretched on until Jungkook believed the other man had no intention of answering at all.

"Politics." Moon finally answered. Jungkook was thankful he hadn't turned around to look at him, "If you had wanted to survive, you should have been playing for a bigger picture. That's what professionals do. Not everything is about the money and it especially isn't about the loyalty."

Taehyung grunted from his seat, "I will always be loyal to RM." He shot the maknae a dirty look, and Jungkook felt a pang of guilt in his chest. Taehyung had to know he hadn't had a choice. He had told the truth because it was that or be killed.

But isn't that the oath they all took? To keep their mouths shut for the greater good of the family?

Jungkook slumped back in his seat, head hung.

Whatever was about to happen to him, he deserved. He just wished he hadn't made his brothers suffer with him.

=====================================================================================================================

Wow ok I know this isn't that good but I am getting to the ending I promise! I have been horrible about updating anything but sometimes life gets on your ass and you can't get it off....

I will try to be better and finished Bad Boy as soon as possible!