~27~

Namjoon glared down at Hoseok. The man had been avoiding all of the gang and Jin for the past week and a half and it was time to stop. He wouldn't speak, wouldn't eat with them, wouldn't share any spare time with them... it was as if he was fully shutting down and keeping his distance. Normally Namjoon would simply let the older man do whatever it was he needed to do to find his peace once more but this was getting annoying. He didn't like seeing such clear distress and worry amongst his gang members when they would look after Hoseok almost longingly, wondering if he was ok.

Namjoon had finally caught Hoseok sneaking in late at night after saying he'd be back sometime that morning. He had blatantly lied to Namjoon and if anything, now the man was angry. Hoseok had never acted like this before and it was becoming unacceptable. Namjoon had actually had to grab him and drag him down the hallway into his study as Hoseok wasn't even going willingly. That was one thing Namjoon was glad for, he was stronger than he looked and he knew he was stronger than Hoseok. Of course Hoseok didn't scream or balk, he simply tried to stop himself from being pulled into the study by digging his heels down into the hardwood of the floor.

"Sit down," Namjoon ordered the man, helping him complete the order by physically shoving him down onto one of the chairs he had by his bookcase.

Hoseok looked anything but pleased, fooling with his mask and looking everywhere but Namjoon's face. The younger man growled before reaching forward and curling a fist into the front of Hoseok's shirt. Hoseok understood the silent order and took a deep breath before looking into his leader's eyes. Namjoon let go, taking a step back and running a hand through his hair exhaustedly.

"What are you doing, Hoseok?" His voice was tired. He had enough trouble going on in his gang that he had to manage on a whole, he didn't need his core group acting up.

Hoseok pulled his mask up a little, huffing out a breath as if annoyed, "Nothing."

"Then why the hell are you acting this way?" Namjoon took a more firm stance, hands on his hips as he stared down at the man, "I feel like I'm disciplining a rowdy teenager, Hoseok. Act your age and speak up. I have more important things to do than to be in here getting upset with you."

"Then leave." Hoseok leaned back in his chair, finding some kind of childish resolve to cross his arms over his chest and glare back at his leader. He looked even more like a teenager in Namjoon's eyes now and the man didn't have the patience to look after such things.

"Don't be an asshole," he shot back. Namjoon breathed in deeply. He needed to calm down and speak through this like an adult, "Tell me what's upsetting you. I know it has to do with you and Jin sleeping together."

"If you know then it doesn't matter. I already told him it was a mistake – you and all the others heard that." Hoseok looked away from Namjoon now, sighing a little dejectedly as he tried to think through the chaos in his head.

"Why did you say that, Hoseok? Please, help me to understand." Namjoon was pacing around the room. He had known Hoseok for years and this wasn't normal behavior. Avoiding the situation most certainly hadn't helped anything and so now Namjoon was taking things into his own hands. Perhaps they could talk and figure things out.

"I was being honest." Hoseok slipped the mask off of his face, rubbing his lips slightly with his forefinger, "You don't actually believe he simply fell in love with people like us, do you? You can't think that. There's no way that's true. Look at us. Look at him. What do you see?"

Namjoon stopped pacing, his eyes immediately flying back to the gangster in his seat, "People fall in love from all walks of life, Hoseok, I don't see why he couldn't love us-"