~45~

Moon grabbed Jungkook so hard he thought he was going to cry out. His body was in tatters, blood and bruises being concealed by a long, dark jacket that had been hastily thrown over him. But Jungkook kept his mouth shut, biting his tongue so hard he tasted the copper tang of blood. Moon yanked him out of the car and just held him by the arm as someone else grabbed Taehyung. They were parked in an alleyway behind the hotel near an employee entrance. No one would be coming or going at this point and they would be able to walk into the hotel mostly unnoticed.

Jungkook looked at the sliver of the city he could see. He was very aware it would most likely be the last time he saw it at all. The sun had sunk low over the skyline, sinking lower than even the skyscrapers in the heart of the city. Twinkling lights dazzled surrounding buildings as a cool breeze rushed by. Jungkook quickly breathed it in. The city set itself into the coming night. The sky was clear and it would be soon that the stars would begin to show, winking down and illuminating the skyline.

Jungkook tore his eyes from the sight as Taehyung cried out behind him, arms twisted unnaturally behind his back, his teeth bared as a jacket was thrown over him as well. The minion who grabbed him hauled him over to Jungkook and Moon. The maknae sighed.

The end never came as one expected. But what could he say? He had sold his soul young and now it was time to pay up.

A grey SUV pulled smoothly in behind the one Jungkook and Taehyung had been riding in, blocking Jungkook's last look at the outside world of the setting sun and skyscrapers. His heart plunged even farther into his stomach. The driver hopped out and smoothly opened the back door to the vehicle. Yongguk stepped out, straightening himself and fiddling with his shirt collar.

Yongguk was dressed simply, nonchalant. If Jungkook hadn't known him, he might've overlooked him in a crowd. He wore a white button down topped with a brown leather jacket. It was a bit big on him, but wasn't that the style? He swept a ringed hand through his hair, the silver of the metal gleaming in the half light. Jungkook almost expected him to look relaxed but he didn't. He fidgeted, either with his hair or his shirt cuffs. When his eyes met Jungkook, the maknae had to look away. He saw something there he hadn't seen in a few years.

Hunger.

Yongguk was hungry – a starving man and Jungkook had just offered him a feast of flesh and blood. He might as well have just cut Namjoon's head off and presented it on a platter to the other man.

The consequences of his choice sunk in a little deeper.

"This was easier, wasn't it, Jungkook?" Despite his fidgeting, Yongguk's voice came out as silk as he approached both Jungkook and Taehyung, "No more playing games, no more screaming, no more begging."

Jungkook couldn't even look at him. He kept his eyes firmly planted on his feet, hyperaware of Moon's hand on his arm and how tight his grip was. How lightheaded that made him feel. How scared he was. He risked a glace at Taehyung and found that the older was simply frowning at him.

"Why don't we go upstairs ad say hello to RM? How does that sound? I'll even let you be the one to knock..." Yongguk chuckled and signaled to his driver. The man stepped in front and quickly unlocked the employee entrance to the hotel and Jungkook was shoved inside. 

===========================================================================

Ok, I decided to give you two short chapters instead of one because I'm bougie like that