~38~

Taehyung wanted to cry. His head felt like it was split open and he could barely make out the feeling of something sticky that had coated the side of his face. He tried to scrunch his face a little but a sharp bolt of pain ran through the side of his head and down his spine. He sucked in a quick breath, surprised at the tenderness. Stars erupted in his vision even though his eyes were closed. There were little white sparks in the darkness making Taehyung feel nauseous. He tried to remember what happened. He remembered being followed and following Jin and Yoongi.

And then nothing.

Taehyung tried to open his eyes and immediately regretted the decision. When he barely opened his eyes there was a sharp pain that registered as bright light seeped into his eyes. He groaned, immediately closing his eyes again. He tried to reach a hand up, wanting to massage his temple but when he tried, his arms wouldn't obey him. The panic of it woke Taehyung up a little more and he gasped. There was something around his wrists. He could feel what felt like polyester straps wrapped around his arms holding him in place. His breathing sped up. He could hear beeping now.

Heart monitor.

"No, no, no, no..." Taehyung yanked at his bonds. This couldn't be happening. He still couldn't open his eyes. Everything was too bright and it hurt too much. All he could do was lay there and feel an aching pain settle into his body.

The more awake he became the more he could feel what was around him. He was under a hospital blanket. It felt like paper over his legs and under his arms and if he moved around too much, he was certain he could almost rip it. There was some sort of drip entered into the vein of his hand. It made his entire right arm chilled and stiff. The cold had crept up on him as he became more aware, not surprising him in any way but coming on gradually.

Taehyung heard voices and a door opening. Everything had gone wrong. He must have crashed his motorcycle. He had, actually... that's the last thing he could remember. Someone had run into him from behind. He had lost control of his motorcycle and he remembered his bike flipping. That was the last thing he could see in his mind. He remembered the panic – the pain. He had called Yoongi right before that hoping his hyung would come and help him or at least comfort him. Yoongi hadn't helped. But at least he knew that someone was coming for him and Jin. Taehyung had done his job. He had done well. He had protected his Jin and now whatever happened would happen.

"His pulse is going wild... do you think he needs a sedative?" it was a soft voice, airy but concerned and Taehyung wished he could open his eyes to look but every time he tried he was greeted by harsh lighting and the overwhelming need to keep his eyes pressed shut.

A far deeper, more masculine voice answered. It was gruff and Taehyung could tell whoever was speaking was most certainly an older man, "No, the policemen outside want to speak with him."Taehyung wanted to run. They knew who he was. He tried once more to open his eyes and hissed again as the light came flooding in. He turned his head to the side, immediately regretting the action as a hot pain shot up the side of his neck. He must have pulled a muscle in his fall.

Doctors were tricky. Especially older doctors. Most of them were committed to following rules and very few of them were greedy enough that any kind of money he could offer would sway them. It wasn't as if Taehyung hadn't been in a situation like this before.

Well, he hadn't actually...

Taehyung was always used for distraction or extraction and so while the other gang members had most definitely been strapped to a hospital bed while being questioned by the police, Taehyung had always been the one to get them out of the situation. He had seen it many times before but he was certain there would be no one coming for him. There was too much going on. Their gang was scattered around Korea, trying to find information on Yongguk and his assassin. Namjoon would have to scramble to find someone good enough to do the job Taehyung usually did.