~9~

Little slivers of sunlight found their way through the tiny gaps in Jin's blinds, shining down and illuminating the wood floor in a glowing gold. The window was still open, a cool breeze flowing through the room, cooler than it had been the night before especially with the early morning dew. Jin stirred before sinking back down into the warmth of his bed, pulling the sheets tighter around his body. He gasped a bit as he felt a sharp pinch on his backside and quickly snapped his eyes open.

"Good morning." Jin was greeted by the sight of an early morning Jungkook right in his face.

Jungkook was fully dressed, laying more on top of the covers than underneath, a small smile gracing his lips as he allowed his eyes to droop as he looked at Jin. His arms were halfway wrapped around the man, one on the swell of his ass and the other under his torso basically pinned by Jin's body weight.

Jungkook rubbed the small spot where he had pinched Jin, almost apologetically, "I didn't want to leave until you woke up. I was going to ask if you wanted me to make breakfast."

"No... I can make it," Jin tried to sit up wile basically unwrapping himself from his sheets and Jungkook and immediately hissed, every limb sore and a flaming pain igniting in his ass as he tried to move.

Jungkook chuckled darkly, pressing a firm kiss to Jin's forehead and gently pushing him back down into the covers, "You're not going to be walking for a while, babe."

Jin whined at that, "Jungkook, I have work today!"

The younger man giggled, pressing one more kiss to Jin's temple, "Not anymore, you don't. You're staying home today and I'm going to make you breakfast before leaving."

Jungkook was true to his word. He left Jin to sink back into a light sleep while he went to go figure his way around Jin's kitchen. Of course, Jin was quite skeptical at first because he had seen Jungkook's cooking skills the night before and he wasn't impressed. He didn't want the young gangster to burn his kitchen down. Jungkook said he would make something simple, though, to help lull Jin into being more agreeable. Jin finally conceded, wrapping himself in his blanket once more and wishing the pain he was in to go away.

Jin didn't know how long it had been when Jungkook returned. All he knew was that the younger man was handing him a plate full of something that smelled absolutely divine and was nice and hot along with a glass of water and a few painkillers. Jin sat up against the headboard and dug into his food eagerly. Jungkook only grinned while watching him eat.

"I texted Namjoon. We're going to have a talk with Hoseok and if he fusses then we'll take a vote to see if you can stay with us." Jungkook said around a mouth full of kimchi.

Jin cheered around his food as well. He wished nothing more than to see the others again. Everything had been so grey and dull for the past half year without them.

The rest of their meal was mostly silent until Jin remembered something. He needed to know the answer and hopefully Jungkook would have it.

"Jungkook?" he tried to wipe his face off, hopefully there was no food remaining.

"Hmm?" Jungkook was already licking his fingers clean of any sauce or food that could be stuck on them, wiping them quickly on his pants afterwards. There was still food on his plate and he looked back and forth between his plate and Jin's.

"Sometimes..." he paused. What if he was being silly? He took a quick sip of water before continuing, "Sometimes I feel like someone's watching me. Sometimes I'll look out my window and it's as if I can feel eyes on me."

Jungkook only nodded, his brows furrowing, "You're under the gang's protection. Someone comes out to check on you weekly at the very least." Jungkook scooped some eggs onto Jin's plate, "How often do you see or feel the people watching you?"