~39~

"Are you ready to go help us out, Jungkook?"

Jungkook gasped, chest heaving with deep breaths, trying to regain some semblance of reality. His entire body was aching, a dull thudding feeling that continuously resounded through his bones. He was cold, too, feeling goosebumps on his skin as he began to shiver a little. He was lost, his entire world plunged into a constant darkness. He had no idea how long he had been like this. Yongguk had made sure he was blindfolded after a few hours of being beaten. Once left alone, Jungkook had passed out. It had continued on that way. Jungkook was exhausted, barely able to eve hold himself up and he couldn't even stand on his own two feet.

Jungkook would fall asleep or pass out and the next thing he knew he would be doused with ice water or even kicked or hit until he woke up. His hands were behind his back, tied with a thick rope and his eyes blindfolded. He had no baring on his situation, no idea if he had been moved or where he was. Jungkook knew why. He had seen it done before. It was a controlling tactic – they were trying to break him down and Jungkook hated to admit it but he was so close to breaking.

Someone was tracing the outline of his lips. It made Jungkook shudder even more despite already shivering. His bottom lip was split and Jungkook whined in the back of his throat when whoever was touching him dug their nail into the cut. He tried to jerk back, his mind screaming for him to run but his body not being able to do anything but lay there broken.

Jungkook was laying on a cold, hard, concrete floor. It wasn't smooth like many of the concrete floors car garages were built on, instead this floor was rougher – perhaps made by the gang themselves and there was no need to finish it or put a polish or shine on it. It scraped against his skin whenever he tried to move and he could feel it against his chest and legs particularly well since his captors had long since rid him of his shirt and jeans. Whatever he wore now was in tatters but at least he wasn't completely naked and that gave him some sense of dignity.

"Fuck you..." it came out as a whisper but Jungkook would rather die than not fight back even when he was too weak to move.

"You're just a scrappy little boy, aren't you?" The voice registered now. Jungkook had heard it several times. Yongguk.

Jungkook didn't answer, he just winced as the thudding in his body became worse. He wanted to move. A hot bath and some hot food would be exquisite at the moment but more than anything in the world Jungkook just wanted to be free. His freedom was everything to him and had been since he was a small child living on the street.

There was a sharp pull on his hair and Jungkook head was being lifted off the concrete. While his cheek had a reprieve from the concrete below, his scalp was on fire and he tried to pick himself up to relieve some of the pressure. He whined in the back of his throat when he could do nothing but lay there, too tired and too weak to do anything else.

Yongguk was chuckling then, a rather rich sound in a hollow, cold, unforgiving room, "I need a little favor, Jungkook." Here it came... this would possibly be Jungkook's downfall, "I want to send you home, I really do. You're, at this point, nothing more than a liability and pest to me. And I get rid of pests," the fist in his hair tightened, pulling on specific strands and yanking upwards a little harder than before. Jungkook unwillingly let out a small cry, "But I need to know where Kim Namjoon is so I can give you back over."

It was so tempting... but Jungkook's loyalties laid with protecting his family and especially his leader. Namjoon had saved him and now it was Jungkook's turn to save Namjoon. Even to his death.

"I told you to go fuck yourself." Jungkook spat the words out, wanting punch, claw, or fight but there was nothing he could do.

"Jungkook, we want to trade you for someone else. We don't want you. We have no personal quarrel with you." This was a new voice, one Jungkook hadn't heard before. It was deep and for a moment Jungkook's mind when to the assassin, Moon. No one lower than Yongguk in the gang would speak on his behalf.