~31~

"His name is Moon. We don't know anything else about him other than he's a freelance mercenary and assassin for hire." Jungkook dropped a picture of the man down on Namjoon's desk, letting his leader take the photo into his hands to study it.

"This is the man asking questions?" Namjoon mulled over the photo, taking in the soft features of the relatively harmless looking man.

Taehyung was the first to bob his head in confirmation, "We showed this picture to some of the people around here and they said that it was the same man going door to door."

"And they don't think you two going door to door and doing the same thing is suspicious?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows at his youngest. It was a bold risky move to go around the community showing pictures to the farmers.

Jungkook broke into a half smile, "The children don't. Like I said, they like Tae and would do anything to help him out."

"Ok..." Namjoon sat back in his chair, "What do we know about this Moon?"

"There's no concrete information we have on him. Just whispers in the underworld. He has quite a reputation in certain circles and is hailed in most countries as the go to mercenary if you want someone killed or taken care of." Jungkook scratched the back of his neck. He was at a loss. They were fighting an enemy they knew nothing about. They had no leads besides a photograph of what the man looked like and the stories of people who had seen Moon's handiwork. All in all, it came up to mean nothing. They had no clue what the man was actually capable of or what his plans were besides the fact he was looking for Jin.

"Where's Jimin?" Namjoon bit his lower lip. This was a bad situation.

"I don't know. It's like he vanished..." Taehyung muttered, "I went to go find him so he could help us but no one has heard from him in hours and he wasn't in his room or in any of his usual hideouts."

Namjoon's frowned deepened, "Could he be with Hoseok?"

Taehyung shook his head, "I already spoke with Hoseok. He said he couldn't find him so he went with some of the other men."

Namjoon scowled, slamming a fist down on his desk. Jungkook's eyes widened and Taehyung actually jumped back in surprise and a bit of fear, "Goddamn it! What the hell is happening to us? Can't we get our shit together?" Namjoon's eyes cut over to Jungkook, "Find him. Now."

Jungkook didn't have to be told twice. His legs were carrying him out of the room and away from Taehyung and his leader as quickly as they could. He hadn't seen Namjoon so upset in a long time. Normally the man was more laid back and if something happened they could fix it. He was usually cheekier and not nearly as concerned even with issues as large as drug trafficking and black market dealing. They had almost been caught so many times that Namjoon had learned to live and just laugh about it.

They were criminals. It wasn't as if the stakes were any higher than they had been before. All six of the core group had done things they weren't proud of. They made a living off of it. They were rich because of it. A few more years in the industry and Jungkook would be able to retire and be set for life. He could go on to do whatever it was that his heart desired and he would never go hungry again. The same for Namjoon.

But this... this was getting to him.

Namjoon had always been concerned about the core group. They were a family. They were a fucked-up family of murderers, abuse victims, druggies, and rape victims but they were a family nonetheless. Jungkook knew Namjoon would do anything for any one of them and he supposed Jin had become somewhat a part of their messed-up family as well. He accepted them with their flaws and didn't seem to pay too much mind to the fact that Jungkook had killed more men than Jin had in his high school graduating class.

Things had been bad before but they had never seemed to be this serious. Of course, there wasn't an outside factor like Jin before. The gang had each other. That's who they protected and anyone outside of their inner circle could fend for themselves. Other gangs had gone after them before but none like Yongguk. Bangtan knew what they could take and what they couldn't. They didn't know what Jin could take, though.

The older man had gone a fantastic job lasting through all kinds of torture, though. Mentally and physically and Jungkook was impressed with the man if only for his unspoken and unknown resolve.

"Jimin!"

Jungkook didn't know what else to do besides simply call for his hyung. If he went around and still couldn't find Jimin he'd go elsewhere but there was still a chance Jimin was nearby. He was running through the house, looking in all the little nooks and crannies he could find. He figured Jimin was one of the smallest in the bunch if not the smallest and so there was more of a chance he could be hidden away somewhere small napping.

"Jimin hyung!"

Jungkook ransacked Jimin's closet before realizing the older man would probably have woken up if he heard Jungkook yelling for him and so there was no need to throw all of his clothes out into the middle of the room like he had. Jungkook stopped himself. He was panicking because Namjoon was upset. Namjoon had always been his number one indicator on how to respond and how to act and the fact that Namjoon was starting to get upset was making Jungkook upset. He needed to take a step back and think rationally. He couldn't behave like this and have a good outcome.

Jungkook stood in the middle of Jimin's room for around five minutes calming his breathing and simply letting himself relax. He didn't perform well when he was stressed and he needed to perform well now more than ever. Taking one more deep breath Jungkook finally figured out his plan. He could call for Jimin but if he didn't find the man within the next five to ten minutes he needed to move out.

Jungkook took off down the hallway, not running as he had been before but actually taking his time to go to every room in the house and call Jimin's name.

"Jiminie hyung!"

It was starting to get aggravating. Why couldn't Jimin just answer his phone? Why didn't they have some kind of alarm system they could trigger throughout the house if something went wrong. They had gotten slack and started to feel far too safe. Jungkook would speak to Namjoon about that later.

Jungkook finally came to almost the end of the hallway near Yoongi's room. He almost stopped to knock but he knew better than to think Jimin would be in there.

And where the hell was Jin? Jungkook hadn't seen the oldest at all as he had gone through the house. Had he actually lost the one person they were focused on protecting?

Jungkook just hoped Jin was with Yoongi or Jimin.

======================

I'm working on the smut chapter (It's next) it's gonna be a super long kinky chapter

I'm so sorry this is taking so long to update. My anxiety is worse than ever as well as my depression and my grades are dropping and I'm just super upset but your comments and sweet selves reading my stories always make me feel better. I'm sorry if the story has gone downhill I really want to make it good for you guys who have been here since Pretty Boy

I love you all and I can't believe I'm almost to 900 followers!!!