~40~

Jin woke up to the sound of his phone vibrating on the side table to the bed he was resting in. Jungkook had given it to him once they had gotten back to Bangtan's outpost and let him know he had found it during their raid on Yongguk's gang. Jin had thanked the youngest member of the gang with a kiss on the cheek and had proceeded to go through all the messages on his phone from his parents and friends. He hadn't replied to any of them for fear of his phone being tracked or anyone asking too many questions.

Jin didn't move for it at first, confused as to who would be calling him. He rubbed his eyes, vision still blurry as he haphazardly felt around for the device. His fingers quickly found it and he absently swiped the accept call button to the side, not even thinking of looking at the caller I.D.

 "Hello?" his voice was scratchy from sleep and he fought to wake up. Jin was covered in blankets. He didn't remember even going to sleep. Namjoon must have tucked him in after he fell asleep on his shoulder...

"Jin hyung?" the voice was oddly familiar and deep but in Jin's half dazed state he couldn't quite put his finger on the caller. The voice came on the line again, "Seokjin hyung? Is that you? Hello?"

Jin rubbed at his eyes, mind racing even as he was sluggish, "Y-yeah... who is this?"

"Thank god! We were all worried sick I've sent you text after text since you went missing, hyung. It's Jackson, remember?" the voice made sense then.

Jin smiled then. It was so nice to hear his friend's voice. He had meant to contact Jackson once he was safe with his boys but things had taken a rather violent turn and Jin had completely forgotten to contact any of his friends and family.

"Jackson! It's good to hear from you..." Jin still wasn't fully awake and he yawned. Why was Jackson calling him? Didn't he know Jin was finally with his boys?

"Yeah, yeah, man. Hey, the police got in touch with me after you disappeared because your parents were freaking out so I have a buddy of mine in cyber security and he was actually able to track your phone so... can I ask what you're doing at a hotel?"

Jin paused. He was shocked to say the least, mouth hung open and a tinge of something like nervousness creeping down his spine. Since when had Jackson had a friend like that? And why had he gone to such lengths to find Jin?

"D-do the police know where I am?" he couldn't stop his voice from shaking, limbs quivering a little as he whipped the blankets that were on top of him to the side and launched himself out of bed. Namjoon was going to kill him. How had Jackson found out?

"No, not yet. I wanted to talk to you before I talked to them." Jackson chuckled on the other side of the line and that's when Jin heard a ring that blared through the hotel suite, "I actually dropped by to talk."

Jin could hear the others in the main room murmuring amongst themselves.

"Jackson, no – you need to leave now."

"Aren't you going to answer the door Jin hyung?"

Jin's legs were carrying him out of the room before he could think about anything else. The moment he walked into the main lounge room he saw Namjoon, pistol in hand, looking through the peep hole. Yoongi wasn't too far behind, loading his own pistol and letting his eyes wander over to Hoseok who was sitting alone and unarmed on the couch. If anything happened Jin already knew the man would go to protect Hoseok first.

 "Who is that?" Namjoon's voice was low so as not to be heard through the door.

"No, no! Namjoon, no – it's Jackson!" Jin was already running to Namjoon's side.