~37~

Yoongi's eyes never left Jin during the time he was on the phone with Taehyung. The call was short-lived, however. It ended with the sound of screeching tires and a loud crash. Jin flinched after hearing the grainy sound of metal scraping metal over the speaker of Yoongi's cheap, throwaway, burner phone. His heart had leapt into his throat and suddenly Jin wanted to run to Taehyung. His entire body was shivering, fingers shaky as he held a hand to his mouth. What had happened to the Taehyung? It sounded terrible whatever it was. Yoongi stood stock still as well. He was far more stoic that Jin and so he didn't seem too shocked but Jin could tell Yoongi was at a loss. The man was just standing there gripping the phone with white knuckles and his entire body had locked up. He didn't more for a few seconds and when he did it was only to put his phone back into his pocket.

"We need to get to the safe point. If Taehyung is being followed then there is a chance that you were right and we are, too." It was another short-lived statement from Yoongi, followed by the sound of tires screeching, this time far closer than what had come through garbled and distorted on the phone. Jin found himself turning, eyes brimming with tears.

Taehyung... what had happened to Taehyung?

"Jin, get on the bike." Yoongi's voice was so far away. It echoed in Jin's head. His ears weren't working properly. There was a droning there – almost like a ringing – filling his entire head and he felt faint. This was real. This wasn't him waiting to be rescued by his boys, this was him possibly losing one or more of his boys. They had to go find him...

A grip settled around Jin's upper left arm, "I said get on the fucking bike. Now." Yoongi was pulling him now and Jin was tripping over his own feet. His head swiveled and he could see the same vehicle that had been following them earlier struggling to make a sharp turn and head down the road he and Yoongi were currently standing on.

The adrenaline kicked in and Jin found his fingers fumbling with the helmet he had in his hands, trying to cram it back onto his head and he swung a leg over the motorcycle behind Yoongi. In another second Yoongi had kicked the bike off and they were speeding away from the curb. Jin almost fell backwards, his fingers gripping tightly into Yoongi's jacket to stable himself. The air in his lungs had abandoned him. Jin knew fear. He knew pain. But this was new. He had never worried for Taehyung before, not really. And now he could possibly lose him. Jin wanted to find the younger man and make sure he was ok but Yoongi was already speeding off and leaving any idea of finding and helping Taehyung behind.

Yoongi took a sharp left, leading them into an alleyway. The gang member knew he just had to get himself and Jin to a safe place where they wouldn't be followed so they could actually get to the safe point and meet up with Namjoon and the rest of the team. Another sharp left led Yoongi out of the alley way and into a busy, open road. He swerved, narrowly missing a public transit bus. It would be easier for him to get lost in a mass of traffic as he and Jin were on a motorcycle and the people following them were in a car. Of course, it would also be easier for anybody in the mass of traffic to find them as well.

Jin squeezed his eyes shut, doing his best to push his face into the folds of Yoongi's jacket through the helmet he was wearing. It brought little comfort. He felt Yoongi swerving in between traffic and constantly switching lanes. He felt sick. There was too much going on and he was in sensory overload. He wanted to just stop and take everything in. Everything was happening too quickly for Jin to keep up. He grabbed around Yoongi's waist, pulling the small man closer to him and holding tightly. He could barely feel the warmth of Yoongi's body through his jacket but there was still a small bit there and it calmed Jin. He would feel better when he was with Namjoon. Namjoon always knew what to do. Namjoon would help them find Taehyung and he would make sure everything was ok.