~25~

The week went on with Jin spending a good chunk of time alone or with Namjoon. The leader had become incredibly overprotective of Jin and would often tell the others to leave him alone. The gang members almost always obeyed. Not because Namjoon was giving an order but more because Jin just needed time to heal. It wasn't something that could be sped up and he would be hurting for a while. As the days wore on, however, Jin began spending more time with the boys as a group. He would spend less time in his room or cuddled up to Namjoon crying his eyes out and more time trying his best to smile at a stupid, dirty joke Taehyung had told him or simply reading a book together with Jungkook. Sometimes a few of the boys would watch a movie together and Jin always found himself in the middle of it, trying his best to pay attention to the screen instead of the stray hands that would run up and down his thighs or the arms that would be slung around his shoulders.

Hoseok had been particularly distant. Whenever he met Jin's eyes he would always duck his head down and scurry past, as if he didn't want to spend another moment around Jin or as if he had someplace more important to go. Jin wanted desperately to talk things through with the masked man but Hoseok was always on his way somewhere else and wouldn't usually stop to even say hello to Jin. The older was certain the masked man could see the pain in his eyes. He was certain he could see the way that Jin's own head tipped forward as he rushed by trying to avoid him and the unfallen tears that would fog over Jin's eyes. Jin couldn't fix it on his own, either and so spend a good deal of time in tears talking to Namjoon's plushie, Ryan. He felt too embarrassed to admit it to anyone in the gang.

It had been an entire week but it hardly felt like a day had gone by to Jin. The others saw it differently. The first few days Jin spent holed up alone or with Namjoon was pure torture for the rest. They wanted to hold and comfort the man, too, but with the oldest being so distant and scared it was hard. Things were going better now, however. Jin spent most of his days out of his room or Namjoon's room and had taken up eating all of his meals with the maknaes, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook.

Taehyung was squirming in his seat the next morning as they ate breakfast. Jimin was practically beaming at the sight as he shoved another spoonful of cereal into his mouth though Taehyung was paying no attention to him. Instead the younger man kept stealing glances at Jin as he kept fidgeting. His own bowl of cereal had already gone soggy and was practically forgotten.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Jin asked the man. He couldn't understand what Taehyung problem might be but he definitely looked flushed and uncomfortable.

Taehyung finally just gripped the sides of his seat. He gripped the wood so hard his knuckles turned white but he still sent a smile to Jin, "Not hungry anymore..." his breathing was starting to speed up and become more erratic.

Jin leaned forward and laid his palm against Taehyung's forehead, "You're really hot..." he took in the almost bright sheen of pink that dusted Taehyung's entire body as well as the seemingly large amount of effort he was taking to just sit still, "Are you feeling well?" he switched hands and moved the other to Taehyung's cheek. It was even hotter than his forehead, "Can I get you anything?" There was nothing but worry filling his being and the need to be protective and caring taking over. What if Taehyung was sick? What if he needed some medical help?

Taehyung didn't say anything, he just squeaked suddenly and began wriggling even more. Jin cut his eyes over to Jimin. The man was still staring at Taehyung. One hand was on his spoon still bringing sugary cereal flavored milk to his lips and the other was under the table out of Jin's sight.

"I have to go!" Taehyung literally jumped up from his seat, leaving his cereal almost completely untouched as he ran off down the hall before Jin heard a door slamming.