•52•

•52•

"You like this one?" Alana had asked me about one of the eighty onesies she bought today. I nodded while laying down in the bed. "Yea Lana, they all nice." she smiled then pecked me on the lips. "You think he'll need more shoes? Not like sneakers, but you know, house shoes?"

I huffed. "Lana, he can't walk."

She rolled her eyes. I sat up then pulled her closer to me. "C'mere. You buy whatever you want, okay? Get my baby everything you think he's needs. I just, I don't know..."

"You don't know? You wanna talk?"

She sat on the side of the bed. I pulled her on to my lap then kissed her forehead. "It's nothing really to talk about. But I do have a question."

She smiled and looked at me, attentively. "Question about what?"

"You think I'm...around, enough?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like you don't feel you're going through this alone, right?"

"Of course not. You're here."

"Okay, I was just making sure."

She scrunched her brows then flipped around to straddle me. I grabbed her hips while she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Why you ask me that?" she asked. I shrugged then looked away. "I don't know, just asking."

"Okay...I think you're here for us." she grabbed my hands and glided them across her stomach. I sat up and pecked my baby. I looked up at her after feeling a slight thump against the palm of my hand. "That's him moving?" I asked. She giggled then nodded. "Yea, he's been moving around a lot today." I laughed then pulled my closer. "I wonder if he can hear me by now."

"I'm sure he can."

I sat all the way up and flipped Alana on her back, causing the both of us to laugh. I climbed on top of her and rested my ear against her bump. I turned my head slightly to give him a kiss, waiting for him to kick again. "C'mon, talk to daddy again." I waited again for a moment. I looked up at Lana who was just staring with a smile on her face. "Junior, talk to daddy one more time before I go to sleep. Please." I took my hand and began to rub her stomach, still with my cheek pressed against it. "C'mon baby, one more time."

Only a second went by before I felt that same thump against the side of my face. That made me smile for sure. I looked back up. "Okay, so he can hear me." she nodded then laughed. I got on all fours above her and just stared into her eyes. She stared right back at me and placed her hand right on the back of my neck. "What you wanna tell me?" she asked.

"How you know I wanna tell you something?" I smirked.

"Because I know you." can't deny that.

"I love you, Alana."

"I love you too-"

"And I'm sorry...really, for everything."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm sorry...Every time I disrespected you, lied to you, gave you false hope. I don't wanna lose you over any of that."

"You're not gonna lose me. I forgave you for all of that and I'm so happy that I did because now look where we are." she pulled me down to peck her lips. "You not mad at me? For any of this ? All this shit with Sa-"

"You'll upset me if you say her name." I smirked then kissed her again.

"Yes ma'am."

"But no, I couldn't possibly blame you for any of this. You did everything you needed to do to make this work with me. I'm grateful."