•32•

*Because I've been gone for so damn long..let's push this thing out. Huge time jump. I'm thinking 6 months*

•32•
~Monday Morning~

"You sure you okay?" Odell asked for the fifth time since we've been in the air. It's only be a good 45 minuets. I smirked a little then nodded. "Yes Dellie, I'm fine. The baby is fine. I'm not hungry. I'm not thirsty. I don't feel sick. I don't feel nervous. I'm just a little tired. Is that okay?" he sighed then removed his Airpods from his ears. "I'm gettin' on your nerves?" his anxiety amused me a bit as I expressed a soft chuckle. "No, I know your just looking after me. But I promise I'm okay."

Odell nodded then let me rest my head on his shoulder. "You're really cute when you're concerned. If that helps?" he shook his head then pecked my forehead. His hand softly caressed my stomach. "Take my mind off of this plane ride." he spoke in low tone.

"You fly all the time, what's so different about now?"

"Everything. I'm hypersensitive to everything right now. Any slight bit of discomfort you might feel gives me anxiety because I don't want anything to happen to this baby. We're going to see Jarvis after everything that happen-"

"But I thought you guys had been talking for a while?" I questioned.

"We have. I just don't understand why he needs us there for what it is he has to tell me. I was there not too long ago. Whatever he had to say he could have told me." I watched as he sighed then ran his hands down his face. "That's what this is about then? You're just scared of this announcement?" Odell shoulder shrugged. "I guess."

"Well, whatever it is. I'm here.." I grabbed his hand then pecked his cheek. "And your baby's here." with my other hand, I pressed the hand he had resting on me in deeper. I watched a small smile appear on his face. His eyes slowly roamed to mines as he licked his lips. "And no matter what the news is, we move into our forever home this Friday. So you have everything to look forward to." slowly his head began to nod. "Yea...we still have to buy a crib. We got so much to do. And we still gotta- ya know."

"We have to what, baby?"

"You know..we still gotta get married."

After everything that's happened so far in our relationship, how could I be so naive to think marriage wouldn't find its way in to act as yet another challenging (maybe, seemingly impossible) milestone for us to achieve? I knew that was still on the table, especially with the pregnancy. And I knew that us attempting to take things slow was set in place to help us. But the idea of marriage, although it seems so great, might not be what him and I both need. Our track record so far has been take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back. But right now, with him being so ecstatic about being a father, I don't have the heart to tell him that I may need him to put a pause on the husband title for right now. I want to take one step at a time because that's whats best for the both of us...for the three of us.

~~~

"I'm starving, why isn't he picking up the phone?" Odell and I sat in the car on Jarvis' Miami mansion driveway. "Maybe we should just ring the doorbell." I harmlessly suggested. He vigorously shook his head. "He told me to call him. And he made it very clear to do only that-"

"Wait," I pointed at the front door.

A division of about 12 different men and women walked outside of Jarvis' door, him following them all out. "What the hell?" I heard Odell mumble closely while undid his seat belt and reached for the door. I followed his lead and softly closed the car door behind me. Odell came over to my side and put his hand on my lower back as we both approached Jarvis. By the time we reached him, most of the men and women had already found a seat inside of a long, black limousine. All, but one. Odell cleared his throat, which capture both Jarvis' and the woman's attention. They both smiled at us. "Lana! How you been sweetheart?" Jarvis quickly snatched me up into a hug. I hugged him back with ease knowing this was the exact same Jarvis that left New York. Nothing had changed. He still wore a big bright smile and beamed that child-like joyful attitude he seemed to always have when I first met him.

I pulled away and watch as him and Odell greeted each other. "Mr. Beckham, a pleasure to meet you." the woman standing outside of the car finally spoke as she reached out her hand to shake. Odell shook his nervously. "Um, hi. I'm sorry, and you are?"

"My name is Elizabeth Ford. I'm CEO of Sport For Science. It's very unfortunate we weren't able to hold the meeting with you in attendance, but Mr. Landry did such a phenomenal job with the presentation that I couldn't be more thrilled to be doing business with the both of you." I turned my head to get a glimpse of Odell reaction to all this. Just like myself, he was dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, excuse me, wha-"

"Well, I'm happy you enjoyed the presentation Ms. Ford. Hopefully our people can be in touch with your people in the upcoming time period and we can make this happen." Jarvis cut Odell off then assisted the business woman into the vehicle, shutting the door behind her. The three of us backed up as the car pulled off. Odell and I turned our attention back to Jarvis. "What was all that?" he quickly questioned. Jarvis, with that same big smile, rubbed his hands together.

"Okay, I got some explaining to do-"

"Uh, yea you do. What does she mean doing business with us?" I watched as Odell grew defensive and crossed his arms over his chest. "Her company is huge bruh. She invest in ideas like this all the time. I had been thinking about it since..since forever! So I brought it to her and she loved it."

"Loved what Jarvis?" my curiosity was beginning to get the best of me.

"Come inside, I'll explain to y'all. But we about to be rich!"
-
Jarvis is making business deals and finding business partners....without letting his partners know? How y'all feel about that?🥴

And where have I been you might ask? Child.....I've been adulting😅. That shit is no joke. I haven't touched this app in AGES. I'm not sure if the same audience is here or if there's even still an audience around, but I don't like starting things and not finishing them. Even if its been years (again, my bad!)