•37•

•37•

"This is adorable." I said as I picked up a tiny little pink dress. Crystal was right. The baby girl stuff is so much cuter. While Odell decided to go to practice, I didn't want to be stuck in the house all by myself without anything to do so I told him I'd go grocery shopping to put some stuff in the fridge and to make something for when he gets home. I was pushing my already full cart around target when I distracted by the tiny human isle. Their little shoes, socks, diapers, and clothes were so cute I just couldn't resist.

I might be making a mistake by waiting to find out our babies gender because I really am so tempted to buy things that aren't gender neutral, but I just want that day to be as special as possible. But because I was waiting, I had no choice but to put the tiny dress back.

As I'm exiting the baby isle, I heard my name being called from the other end. A familiar face approached me with a smile. "Hey! It's Michael? Right?" he shook his head.

"Milo, actually."

"Oh I'm so sorry!" he shrugged then shook my hand. "You good, how have you been I haven't seen you a minuet."

"I've been fine. How about you? Shouldn't you be at practice?" he shook his head. "I've been chillin. And coach knows I couldn't come in today. My mom lives around here so I just came to grab some stuff for her."

"Aw that's sweet. Odell and I just moved into a place like a few miles up the road." he nodded. "Speaking of Odell, when you see him after practice could you let him know I'm sorry. Things got a little out of hand a couple days ago. I'm just real protective over my baby sister." I watched him chuckle, which made me cross my arms over my chest and face him directly. "Excuse me?" he was about to open his mouth, but his eyes traveled to my stomach. "Woah." I knew I should have worn one of Odell's shirts. I can barely fit into mine anymore.

"I didn't mean it like that...I meant congratulations." I gave him a faint smile. "How far along, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Um 24 weeks."

"Wow. That's..umm that's great. You guys know the gender yet?"

"We're keeping it a surprise."

"Damn your patience is unmatched." I slow nodded then we both grew silent. I was waiting for him to speak up and explain his previous statement. "Yea, so I guess I'll get goin-"

"You were saying something tho? Umm..about your sister and Odell."

"Oh! Right! Wasn't anything too deep, we just had a little shoving match. Ya know, real high school.  But basically him and my sister were talking. I was making sure he wasn't disrespecting her..or you." he crossed his arms and smirked. "But like how, why were they talking?"

"To be completely honest, I'm not sure. I just know that they're friends but you know how your man can be sometimes." he chuckled, but I found nothing funny. "Again, I'm confused-"

"It really wasn't that big of a deal. Just make sure you apologize for me, cool?" he winked at me then dipped off. I didn't know it was anger or sadness or jealousy or insecurities...or my hormones, but either way I did not feel good. Since when were they friends? I could of swore I told his ass that if he wanted to keep me he had to stay clear of her or any bitch that disrespected our relationship. How in the hell do I go from so happy about our house and relationship to feeling left out of some shit...yet again. I grabbed my phone and was going to call him until I remembered where he was. Him and I are talking as soon as practice is over.

Odell Beckham Jr.

I opened the door and was instantly hit by the smell of something delicious trailing from the kitchen. I licked my lips and could hear my stomach growl as I stepped closer to the food. I stood in the archway of the kitchen and saw my baby stirring something in a pot. I bit down on my bottom lip then snaked my around around her from behind. "Hey baby. What you makin' daddy?" I whispered in her ear expected to have my lips kissed immediately after she realized I was home from practice.

But to my complete surprise, she aggressively cut the stove off and pushed me away from her. I took a deep breath then followed her over to the cabinet where she grabbed two plates and set them on the kitchen island. I watch as the portioned both plates with shrimp alfredo then turned to me.

"I saw your teammate at target today."

"Victor?" that explains why he wasn't at practice.

"No...Milo."

My eyes widened and I folded my arms over my chest. I leaned against the island and huffed. "Milo?

"Yes, Milo."

"I thought we talked...I don't feel comfortable with you dealing with him."

"And I don't feel comfortable with you dealing with his sister."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Stop, don't start this." I was expecting her attitude to grow worse, but it didn't. Again, to my complete surprise, her eyes began to water and tears poured down her cheeks. "Why..are you..still..talking to her?" I shook my head vigorously. "Baby no! Stop crying, okay?" I grabbed both her forearms and pulled her into my chest. She stayed there and just sobbed in my arms. "Lana, I don't talk to her. I swear. I'm not lying to you babe." she pulled away and looked up at me. "So Milo was lying?"

"What did he tell you?"

"That you and his sister were talking about something and he went to go talk to you or something...I don't really remember-"

"I told her off." I explained as I wiped her eyes dry. "She asked to be my friend or wanted to make peace with me..or some bullshit. But I told her ass that if she's okay with disrespecting my girl and my relationship then I don't want anything to do with her." I saw a little smile stretch on her face.

"You really said that?" I nodded. I said variation of that...but same concept. "And you wouldn't lie to me? Like...ever again?" I nodded once more then pressed my forehead against her. "I'm telling you the complete and honest truth. Stop crying."

"Okay, I believe you."
-
Well thank goodness Alana believed Odell. That brother and sister duo seem to be stirring up a lot of drama....

But honest question....you guys want them to have a boy or a girl? No promises! Just curious...🧐