•2•

•2•

"You look gorgeous Lana." Odell said as he snaked his arms around my waist. I smiled then wrapped mine around his neck. "You think so?" he nodded then pecked me on the lips. "I wish we could have pulled up together, but I probably wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you if we rode in the same car." I blushed. "Well, I didn't think that meeting would take so long. And I didn't want you to be late." he nodded then grabbed my hand. Odell led me up the block and towards the banquet building. "How's it look in there?" I asked.

"Over the top like every year. They spend way too much money on these event just for these rookies to get to know us," he explained while using his fingers to quote the "get to know us" part. "They can get to know us on the field, not at some fancy party."

"You were a rookie once." I stated obviously.

"Yea I know, and my views haven't changed since then. This is the worst idea our coaches have ever had." I shrugged then pecked his cheek. "It's okay, you'll live through it." we walked into the banquet hall and went straight to a table to have a seat. "Is this the plan? Just sit here until it's time to go?" he nodded. "Yea, pretty much." then someone approached Odell from behind and grabbed his shoulders. "C'mon boy, how about you bust a move on the dance floor. So the ladies see how us G-Men get down." Odell and I looked up to see Eli standing there with his wife.

"You crazy man. I'm good, but you can go ahead if you want." Odell shrugged him off. "C'mon Beckham, let's go."

It was no denying Eli was much larger than Odell. So when he pulled him out of his seat, Odell had no choice but to leave with him. "Hi, I'm Abby." the woman, who was once standing next to Eli, said while extending her hand out to me. I shook it with a smile. "Alana."

Odell Beckham Jr.

"See! I've been watching you!" Eli shouted from dance floor while struggling to stay on beat. I laughed uncontrollably and watched as he made a fool of himself. He's such a clown.

"Wow, that's something." a voice said.

I turned my head in the direction of the voice and noticed it came from a woman. She was short, brown skinned, and had pretty eyes. The body was nice too. I chuckled then nodded. "Yea, Eli's something." she giggled. "I'm Sasha." she stuck her hand out to me. I shook it. "Odell. You someone's wife or something?" I asked. I just assumed she was married because that's usually the only reason women are at these type of events. Taken or looking to be taken. She blushed a little then shook her head. "No, I'm here with my brother. He's new to your team."

"That's cool, what's his name?"

"Milo White," she replied. "He's really good. Hopefully you guys get to know each other." I nodded then noticed her mood changed a little. I sighed then looked over my shoulder back at Eli. I chuckled softly then shook my head. "Um, maybe you and I could grab a drink or something," she suggested. "You know, so maybe we could get to know each other too." she bit her lip then played with her hair. "Oh, um, I don't know if my girl- hey baby!" I shut up once Lana approached. I grabbed her then held her close to my chest.

"Hey, who's your friend?" she asked.

"This..this is umm..Stacey? Right?" she shook her head. "Sasha." I nodded at Alana. "Yea, Sasha. My bad, her brother made the team." Alana's eyes widened a smile stretched on her face. "Really? That's great for him! Where is he?" Sasha nodded. "Yea, he's around here somewhere."

"That's nice. Lana? Can I talk to you for a minuet?"

"Yea," she replied. "Nice meeting you Sasha."

Alana and I walked away from Sasha to a nearby table with refreshments. I grabbed us both a champagne glass. "Thank you." I shrugged then took a sip. "What did you want to talk about?" she placed her hand on my chest. I smirked then leaned down to peck her forehead. "Nothing, I just wanted to get away from her." Lana looked a little confused. "Why? She didn't seem bad." I shook my head. "She asked me out for drinks. And I wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable with me being around her." Lana giggled then wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You're so thoughtful."

I'm really happy Alana took me back. I missed her so much while I was in rehab. I understand I made a mistake and I'm not trying to go back a year ago into the progress I've made so far. Talking with Sasha screamed nothing but trouble. I've seen this a billion times on tv. Dumb boyfriend, me, finally gets girlfriend back, Alana, then fucks it up once pretty girl comes around again. I've been trying so hard not be another cliché and prove to Lana that I'm different. But ever since I got the strength to work towards earning her trust again, all these chicks have been flying to me. It wasn't this tough before, but now that I'm really serious about my relationship, things have become a thousand times harder.

I just don't want things to be like how they used to be.
-
Think Odell is making good progress? Thoughts on Sasha?🤔 Sasha above👆

32+ votes & 12+ comments for next chapter 😘