•20•

•20•
Alana Cardenas

I can't believe those two took their asses to the bathroom and left me alone with her. Although the both of us technically made up already, didn't mean I wanted to go on double date and shit with the girl. I'm sure she's a nice person deep deep deep...deep down inside, but I'm not really trying to find out. I damn sure don't want her around Odell. Even if I'm sitting a foot away from the both of them.

"So, how have you been? You know, since the last time we spoke."

I was really hoping she would of saved the small talk for someone else, but I guess being rude wouldn't make this situation any better." I've been good, and you?" she gave me a small smile. "I've been great, I've seen you a lot since the last time we spoke. Like in magazine in stuff."

"Yea, I've been working a lot since then." Amber nodded. "I bet, probably had to stay focused with all the drama going on with lover boy." the little smile I had on my face faded once she brought up my past experiences with Odell. It upset me for two reasons; 1. Being that whenever I think of all the shit I went through with him that I instantaneously have the urge to cry my eyes out. The other being that in the beginning of that terrible year she was most definitely apart of the problem. "I just want ed to apologize about that again, I really had no clue him and Tasha-"

"Don't, there's really no need. If you didn't know then you didn't know."

"Okay great, but how did you end up forgiving him for that? You would think that type of thing would kinda make a girl want to run in the other direction." she said as she innocently played with her nails. "Well I didn't, I stayed."

"Good for you, but why do you think he did it? I probably wouldn't be able to get over my man lying in my face over and over again then had it come out in the media all while I was doing my best to hold everything down for him outside of rehab." I smirked then chuckled to try and cool myself off. I knew what she was doing. I didn't like it at all, but what I hated the most was that she was right. But even though she hadn't mistaken anything yet, didn't mean that Odell and I haven't worked anything out. We worked hard to get to where we are now and I'm not gong to go off over what one person says. "Maybe you could call it karma." she leaned back in the booth then crossed her arms over her chest. I looked at her evil little smirk with confusion written all over my face. "Karma?" I questioned. "Karma for what?" she shrugged.

"Alana, where are we right now?"

I looked around and saw nothing new from what I saw before. We were still in a restaurant, in a secluded area, where there was dim lighting. "A restaurant, if you haven't already noticed." I replied sarcastically. "Cute," she said with a light giggle. "Now what's today's date?" I rolled my eyes then pulled my phone out of my clutch. "The 3rd, you don't have Siri? Why do you keep asking me all these simple ass questions?"

"My Siri works absolutely fine, I just wanted to make sure you understood where I was going with this."

"Well sadly I don't. I'm completely lost right now."

"Of course you are, but Alana exactly a year from today at around this time you were still a waitress. And you came over to our table and took some orders, but you also took something else."

"What Amber?" I was beginning to grow annoyed with her.

She leaned in then finally whispered, "My man."

I rolled my eyes then gave her the side eye. "Really? I took your man that night? That's not how I recall it happening." I guess she's still the same delusional mess she was a year ago today. "Recall what you want, but we both know the facts. Him and I came into that diner together and we planned on leaving that same night together. Maybe you should have a nice and long sit with yourself and think about that night. He was on a date for God's sake! What made you think he would be faithful to you behind your back when he couldn't even control his self while I was sitting right next to him."

"Maybe because I wasn't dating you and you irritated my entire life when we were messing around." I heard Odell's voice come from above us. I looked up at the end of the table and saw him standing there. He motioned me to get out of the booth. I slid out of my seat then stood behind him as he was about to speak to Amber. "Don't taunt my girlfriend, and I'll repeat that because I understand that you're a little slow...Do not taunt my GIRLFRIEND. Huge difference between that and someone I let top me a couple times." he grabbed my waist then began to lead me out the door.  Once we got to the door he let go of me then began to rush over to his car.

"Odell wait! Baby calm down." I called out for him while trying to stop him from leaving. The both of us were at his car and luckily for me I managed to catch him before he got inside. "That was sweet. How you stuck up for me in there." he nodded slowly then looked down at his feet. "Odell? What's wrong?" I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Nothing Alana, I'm tired. I'll call you later tonight." he pecked my lips then tried to get in the car, but I stopped him. "No, talk to me. What's wrong?" he shook his head. "Nothing, call when you get in the house so I know you got there safe. Alright?"

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what Alana?"

"Like this? It's okay. I'm not upset about anything she said. I already know she's off her meds. Everything's fine, follow me home. I'll give you a little treat for telling her off." I bit my lip then took his hands from around my waist. I placed them on my lower back then began to place small kisses on his neck while pressing my chest against his. But while kissing I felt something wrong. He wasn't engaging back. He stood there as still as a statue. "Not tonight Alana," I pulled back with a surprised face. "Horny man doesn't wanna fuck?" I questioned out loud to make sure I wasn't going crazy. "Odell, I just propositioned you sex and you don't want to take it?"

"I'm tired. I just want to go to bed." I sighed then pulled away. "Okay, well we could just go back to my place and sleep then-"

"Alana! I want to go home! Alone! I'm tired!" he went off on me and I could finally tell he was getting irritated. I sighed then backed up. "Okay, I guess I'll talk to you-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, he had drove off. Leaving me there, in the parking lot by myself. I guess at this point all I could do was go home...alone.
-
Why you think Odell was so in his feelings? Think he was wrong for going off on Lana like that? Or do you think she should have just stopped pushing it?🤔