•31•

•31•

"It's beautiful," I turned over, facing Odell as we stepped into the foyer of the third house today. It was a mansion. With gorgeous marble floors and a stair case stemming out from the right hand side. Not to mention it was huge. "Not only is the house astounding, but this town reigns superior in the education department than any other town in New York. Great investment if you're family oriented." the realtor furthered her point.

"Heard that?" Odell came over to wrap his arms around my waist then quick pecked my cheek. "Good school system." he began rubbing on my stomach, which at this point was just now starting to poke out. I grabbed his cheek then pulled his lips on to mine. "C'mon, lets keep looking."

"Right this way. I'll show you both to the living portion of the house."

We followed her into an empty space, enormous. This room was about the size of my entire apartment. "This is the living room?" I questioned only to be sure. She smiled then nodded. "Yes, very spacious. Correct?"

"Enough room for the three of us." he smirked at me.

"It's really big. Is that that the kitchen?" I pointed in the direction then walked over to it. "Damn," I heard Odell mumble as he followed me. "Yes ma'am, a kitchen fit for a queen equipped with hardwood floors, marble countertops, and freshly installed cabinets both below and above the waist."

"I wouldn't mind cooking for you in here." I said to Odell who put on a wide smile. He tugged me closer to him then wrapped me up in his arms. "Me and my baby gon' expect a meal every night." I shrugged. "Maybe..only if you're good." he smirked. Odell bent down a little then put his lips to my ear. "If you don't cook for me then I'll just have to eat you instead." I looked at him and watched as he licked his lips. I rolled my eyes then pushed him back. He let out a chuckle. "C'mere," he pulled me back. "I wanna check upstairs."

"Okay, right this way."

He grabbed my hand then guided me upstairs, behind the realtor. "First, I'll show you some of the more casual bedrooms."

"How many bedrooms are there?" I asked.

"Including the master room, only four. But there are numerous rooms that could be converted if you please. Smaller than most, but not considerably small."

"Is this one?" I pushed the door open revealing a nice sized room with white walls and carpeted floor. "This might be nice for the nursery. Bunch of space for little man." Odell walked inside and took a look around. "And look he's got his own little closet." Odell opened the door revealing a nicely sized walk in closet. "You don't think that's a little much for a baby?" I questioned. He shrugged. "He'll grow into it. We put the crib here. The dresser there. And we can get one of those rocking chairs and put it in the corner." I giggled then walked over to him and grabbed his hand, "You're adorable." I said to him. He looked over at the realtor. "Can you take us to the master bedroom?" she nodded. "Certainly, right this way."

She led us down the hall and pushed open the double door room, unveiling an enormous space with a bathroom behind, walk in closet to the right, and a balcony overlooking the even bigger backyard.

This is perfection.

I had never lived in a house this big. I had never even drove past houses this big. My apartment was probably smaller than this master bedroom. Although it was new, I could adjust. Odell felt as though with his career, this should be the lifestyle he lived. This lifestyle is a little bit flashier than I expected, but if we're sharing this; along with a baby, than I have no other choice but to adjust.

"C'mere." Odell led me to the balcony. I placed my hands against the railing as he held me from behind. "This could be us every morning. In this big ass house. You. Me. And our baby." he started to leave kisses on my exposed shoulder and neck. "I want it, O." he smirked then nodded.

"Well then it's yours."
~
The both of us were laying down in his bed with his dogs by our feet. He was rambling on the phone to Jarvis about this supposed surprise he had for us. "I know, but my mom can't make it and neither can Lana's dad." I heard a sigh come from the other side of the phone. "It's fine man, y'all still gon be here tho? Right?"

"Yea, no doubt. We'll be on a plane first thing Monday morning."

"Perfect, see you there bruh." He hung the phone up and tossed it to the side.

"I really don't want to go to Miami." he said with a chuckle. I giggled a little then sat up next to him. He puckered his lips expecting a kiss and I gave him one. "I can't believe you bought me a house." he bit his lip then shrugged. "Anything for y'all." Odell reached around me and pulled the comforter up to our chests. "We move in next week and as soon as we get there I want to start on the nursery." I nodded the began tracing lightly across his bicep with my index finger. "Dell? Can we go wait to find out the gender?" he looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. "That's retarded Lana, as soon as we can find out we are. We both need to mentally prepare ourselves if we end up having a boy or a girl."

"Either way shouldn't we be mentally prepared?" I asked.

"Of course."

"So then why does it matter if we know the gender?"

"Because you and I both know there's different types of preparation. Call me sexist all you want but things are going to be different if we have a boy opposed to a girl."

I didn't take his attitude as sexist because raising a boy opposed to a girl is different, but I didn't want to get his fired up about that debate either. So I let it go. "Alright." I let out with a small laugh then began tracing on his muscles again. "Why would you want to wait anyway?" I shrugged. "I think I just like this whole surprise thing. It's a surprise that I even got pregnant. It's a surprise until we tell everyone I'm pregnant. It would be an even bigger surprise when we get up to that point and find out right there what we'll be raising for the rest of our lives."

He laid still and quiet. I believe he was pondering. "You're right...I just doubt I'd be able to hold on for that long." He began to smirk and snicker. "You can...we both can." Odell let out a deep breath.

"Alright then..we'll wait."
-
Ya know what that mean right??? Y'all aren't going to find out the gender for a whileeeeee 😭

My absence has been inexcusable and I understand if you hate me but life is tough and I needed an escape for awhile. So I'm back...and pray it stays this way😂