•4•

•4•

"We were all running and I had tripped. I twisted my ankle, but I think I'll be fine. Doesn't even hurt."

It was late and Odell was just now getting out of practice. We were on FaceTime and he was sitting in his car. "Did you let the nurse check it out at least?" he nodded. "Yea, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Odell assured me he was okay which calmed me down. I would hate for him to get hurt before his first game of the season. He's so excited and of course I promised I'd be there come this Sunday. Hopefully he gets a win and I don't have to hear him complain for the entire night. I'm not really worried about it though. Whenever he gets on the field his performance is electrifying. The only thing that has me troubled is game two.

Now that Norman plays for Washington, I'm afraid there's going to be a little bit of tension on the field. Odell still doesn't have any clue about how him and Luke plotting against him a year ago. I definitely would have told him if I wasn't too busy hating his guts. Now that he's in a better place I'm afraid to mention the situation to him.

"You hungry? I can bring something over there and maybe we could watch some tv together." I smiled.

"I'm always hungry." I replied seriously. "No argument there. What you want?" I shrugged. "I kinda want chipotle, but it's late so I guess whatever you can grab." he nodded. "McDonalds it is, I'll get us some nuggets then be on my way to you." I blew Odell a kiss then hung the phone up. Immediately after I cut the call I heard a knock on my door. I got off the couch and went to go answer it.

I opened the door and saw my little munchkin running down the hall with her daddy chasing after her. I laughed then leaned against the door frame. "C'mere pumpkin head!" Sean grabbed Jordyn then carried her back to my apartment door. "Excuse me Lana, my bad but I had to deal with a runaway princess." I let them inside then the three of us went over to the couch. "What's up?" I asked taking a seat. Sean sighed then shrugged while Jordyn crawled on the couch over to me. She had a bright smile on her face and was full of giggles. "Why are you so energetic?" I asked her. "Don't you know it's way past your bedtime?"

"She should be sleep, but I had to come and talk to you about something."

"I'm listening."

"Alright. Me and Crystal got into this argument before she left for work. I just want your opinion on it." I nodded then picked Jordyn up and sat her on my lap. "I want to move out of the city. I make enough money to get us a nice little house in the burbs, but she doesn't want that. I love the city, but I don't want my baby to live down here. I want her to have the white picket fence and the backyard with a little dog running around– shitting all over the place." I chuckled.

"But 'No, there's nothing wrong with the city. JJ should grow up down here so that she'll be street smart. We don't need no damn dog.'" Sean's impersonation of Crystal was dead wrong, but I'll let it slide because he's upset.

I looked down at munchkin then began to bounce her up and down on my leg. I could understand where they're both coming from. I get it when Crystal says she wants Jordyn to grow up in the city because it'll benefit her street skills come later in age. And it's always nice to have a bit of street knowledge. But I also get where Sean is coming from too. He wants his princess to be in a place where her surroundings are quite. It's busy down here and slower in the burbs. Also I know for a fact that Sean really wants a dog. I don't think they can have dogs in their apartment. Sean might be doing this to just get a pet. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

"I know wherever she lives I'm still going to need to protect her with all my life. But I just like the idea of her growing up in an environment where I'll feel she's a little safer."

"Is this the first time you two talk about this?" he shook his head. "We been talking about it for a couple weeks now, but I found this place and I want her to come with me to check it out. She says she doesn't want to even think about buying a house." I sighed.

"I understand why you would feel this way and I understand why she would feel this way too," I explained to him. "I just think you both need to talk this out. Say what you have to say to her then let her make her case. I'll keep JJ for the night."

Sean smiled then reached over to hug me. "You have the best Auntie in the world." he spoke to his daughter while taking the diaper bag off his shoulder and placing it on the floor. I stood up from the couch with JJ on my hip. We walked Sean to the door. "Mommy or daddy will be back here in the morning to get you Princess. Give daddy kiss." Jordyn puckered her tiny lips then pressed them against Sean's cheek. I closed the door once he was done saying his goodbyes for the night.

"Your mommy and daddy argue like they're married."
~
"Lana! Open up! I got the nuggets!" I quickly hurried over to the door. I open it then shushed him immediately before letting him inside. "What?" he asked with a confused look on his face.

"I have JJ." I tried whispering, but then I realized it was no use once I heard little baby noises. Odell understood once Jordyn came over and grabbed his leg. "I was trying to put her to sleep, but your loud yelling woke her right back up." he chuckled then handed me the McDonalds bags. Odell picked Jordyn up and her little hands immediately went for his beard. "My bad. I was just excited. The guy at the window recognized me and gave me a bunch of sauce. I didn't even have to ask for extra." I giggled then we went over to the couch.

"Hey Ms. Jordyn, what you still doing up?" he asked. She made her little sounds then rested her head on Odell's chest. He smiled then reached in the bag. He pulled out a nugget and was about to eat it, but JJ pointed to her mouth. It ended up going to her instead. "You didn't tell me you were babysitting."

"Sean came over. Him and Crystal needed to work some stuff out so I told him that I'd watch her."

"That was nice, but you gon have to share your nuggets with her. Because she ain't gon sit here and eat all mine." I laughed then took Jordyn from him. "Why is he being mean to the baby?" I jokingly asked JJ. "I'm not being mean. I'm just hungry." I opened my box of nuggets and let Jordyn have as many as she wanted. "I missed you today. How was that meeting?" I shrugged. "Good I guess. Can I ask you something?" he nodded.

"Did you design your merchandise? Or did someone else do it, but put your name on it?"

"I didn't design it. My jersey doesn't really count, but my other stuff is a no. Why you asking?" I sighed. "Ms. Shannon wants to make another line, but say that I'm the creator. I just don't know if I feel a hundred percent with that."

"Babe, it's really not that serious. I get why she would want to do that. You know how much money you'd make for her? It's business."
-
Agree with Sean or Crystal?🤔 Jordyn above😩😍