•46•

•46•

"It's amazing!" I said as the both of us looked down on the Seine River from the Pont des Arts. The water streamed underneath our feet so gently and so relaxed. I stood there and watched it. It almost calmed me.  Maybe this was his distraction plan finally being accomplished. Because even something so simple like watching water flow down a stream, took my mind away from the seemingly never-ending chaos that was my life. I quickly turned back to get a glimpse at his reaction. There he was. Almost lifeless. Just standing tall with his hands in his pockets and his eyes piercing his feet.

Back to reality, I presume.

I sighed then stepped back to approach him. "Don't do this..not like this. You promised to help me get my mind off all of this. I already told you I was worried too, but you see I'm still making an effort to put this trip first."

He shook his head then rolled his eyes. "I'm trying, okay? I just need to...I need...I don't even really know what I need right now."

"You need to enjoy your time with me because this is the last chance you and I will have to travel for a minuet and you know that." I smirked then gently pulled his hands from his pockets.

He looked me in the eyes and I saw a small smile begin on his face as his hands slowly crept to the top of my stomach. "I just want y'all to be safe-"

"We are, and we will be once we get back home. I promise. Just spend this time thinking about us and nothing else."

"I kinda can't get my mind off one thing though." he bit his lip then pulled my closer by the waist. I giggled as he rubbed my lower back and nibbled on my neck. I pushed him away playfully then grabbed his hand. "Feed me, please?" he chuckled then nodded.

"C'mon."

~

The stars in the sky at night shined so bright over here. It was crazy how different night looked from the other side of the world. Or maybe it was just something about tonight that made everything look special.

Let's see...

Odell and I walked up and down the streets. He tried wine. I tried pastries. Both things neither of us needed to have. I went to little boutiques and found adorable pieces. I even found a couple of onesies I thought would be cute for the baby. And for the majority of the night I didn't have to worry about a phone call, an emergency, or another surprise unveiling of some secret that would have only fucked with my mood. No cellphones. Just us. And although there were still people around. We had never been more alone in our entire relationship before now.

We were making our way back to the hotel room, with only about a block to go. I held his hand and stood underneath the red traffic light as we watched cars fly past us. "Is this what you expected?" I heard him ask, causing me to look up. I blushed a little then shrugged. "I'm not really sure what I expected, but I'm having fun."

"Good, and you don't want to stop somewhere before we get back to the room?" I shook my head. "Even for a snack, Lana?" I shook it again. "You sure....? Don't wake me up talkin' about 'I want some chip, can you get me some chips Dell?' in the middle of the night again."

The both of us laughed then proceeded to walk across the street as the green light granted us permission. Finally, we approached the hotel where the doorman greeted us and opened the tall glass door. We went inside and made our way up. Once we reached the room, I gently sat on the edge of the bed and winced in pain as I killed my shoes off. My feet hurt so bad, but I knew if we would have stayed in this room after that phone call today then I'd be feeling even worse. I guess he noticed as he took my hands and guided me to the middle of the bed, propping my feet up on some pillows. I laid back and watched him flip through channels until he landed on a soccer game. Then he began rubbing my feet. "I think we're gonna be okay at this Lana."

"At what?"

"Parenting. I think we know what we want for our baby and we're willing to do whatever it takes to keep him safe so...I think we're gonna be okay at this."

"I think so too.."

Odell Beckham Jr.

It was around 6:30am and I told Lana I was going to run and find us a breakfast spot for us to try today. She wanted to tag along, but I told her I'd come back and get her just incase I can't find a place. Plus her feet are a little swollen still so it's best she just relax for right now. But besides breakfast, I had a couple other things on my mind.

I looked up at the street sign then down at my phone. Yup, this is the address she gave me. A tall brown building stood in my way with a bright red door. I rang the doorbell for her loft number and waited for response. "Yes?" her voice rang from the mic.

"It's Odell." I responded softly.

"Ah yes, come up."

I stepped back and listened to the loud buzzing noise as the locks unhinged and gave me access to her building. I went to the elevator and got to floor 14 pretty easily. I knocked on her door and quickly it swung open. "Good morning," she had a smile on her face. I smiled back then slowly walked inside. I took a seat on her couch then watched as she left the living area. Lorraine's spot was nice, and I just so happened to be lucky enough for catch her while she was still out here. Suddenly, she began walking towards me with it in her hand.

"That's it?" I asked for reassurance. She nodded then sat in a chair across from me. She placed the small black box in the middle of her coffee table. I picked it up.

(*Ignore the hand, focus on the ring ladies*)

"This is perfect, Lorraine." I was in awe. And I should be, for a half of million. She smiled. "Well, I am the best jeweler in....well, in the world." she let out a snicker. I kept my eyes on the ring. Tonight was the night. The night where I turn all the bullshit from last year into dust and really start my relationship.

"How do you plan on asking?" her curiosity made her sit up and lean forward.

I smiled at the thought. "Eiffel Tower tonight, right after dessert. I just hope this will be enough for her." Alana deserves everything from me, plus more. I know she'll appreciate it, but I won't knowing I could have done better.

"Hey, when I asked you to describe your some-to-be wife, I took everything you told me and created probably the most beautiful piece I've ever built. This ring reflects everything you feel for her. If this isn't enough for her, nothing will be. But because of the type of person you say she is...this is more than she's ever going to ask for."
-

Ya'll Odell is planning to do what?!?!?!? Excited much?😩 I am.🥳😅