•23•

•23•

"So you not talking to me now?" I asked Alana as I stood on the other side of her apartment door. Immediately from the airport I went to Lana to see what was so damn important that she had to tell me.  It was ten at night and I had been standing out here for about fifteen minutes. My game was tomorrow afternoon, but I felt bad for what happened earlier so I couldn't just let this all go for the night. I sighed then twisted the knob. Of course the door was locked but I refused to just go home. Then I began to hear footsteps. I let go of the door then stepped back and the door swung open.

Alana stood in the frame with her eyes red and wet which hurt my own feelings. "Baby I-" I went to wipe her eyes with my finger, but she shook her head and pushed my hand away. "I'm sorry, okay? I should have told you where I was going. I at least should have called you. Alana I love you so much, but I just keep messing up. I'll fix it though I promise."

She chuckled. "How many times have you told me that?" I looked down at my feet then shrugged. Too many times to count. "You're right, but this time I'm going to act like a grown man in a serious relationship that I plan on being in for the rest of my life." I pressed my forehead against hers then wrapped my arms around her waist. "I love you."

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I need to talk to you." I nodded then let go of her. She stepped back and gave me some room to come in. I shut the door behind me then we both walked over to her couch. She sat down then put her head in her hands. "Whats wrong?" I asked her, shaking her slightly. She looked up at me and began to cry again. I grabbed her then held her close to my chest. "What? You can tell me." I was expecting Lana to tell me some shit that would probably break me. I started to thing about our conversation over the phone a little earlier today and how she was so sure I was out cheating on her. The next things to come out of her mouth I expected to hear was that she went out and did a little something while I was away. Of course I wouldn't just say it though...been there done that. And I was terribly wrong the last time so I'll just wait for her to confess.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd do if Alana was to step out on me. Apart of me would love to say I'd leave her, but the other part would tells me to stick it through because of everything I've done in the past. Plus I'm madly in love so leaving her would probably hurt worse than having her give me a small taste of my own medicine.

"I hadn't been eating right and feeling a little sick and some people kinda helped me realize something. And once they told me that it was a possibility...I started thinking about that day we got back together."

"Cut to the chase Alana..what is it?"

"...I'm pregnant."

Alana Cardenas

I saw standing in the sky box watching Odell play with my arms over my chest, awkward as hell. He was doing terrible and I knew exactly why. Other fans in our seating section were beginning to grow aggravated with him dropping passes and not playing to his full potential. I couldn't help but to feel a little responsible. I probably should have waited to tell him until after his game...one of the most important of the season. Or at least it was really important to him. All season he had been waiting for his match up against Norman just so that he could whoop his ass. But today it only looks like Odell was the one having trouble.

"You okay sweetie?" Ms. Heather came up to me and rubbed my back. I nodded then tried to show her a smile without seeming as awkward as I felt. "Yes...I'm fine just worried about him." she nodded. " I am too, I know my son. Something's on his mind, that's what's affecting him out here today. Try talking to him after the game Alana. I know he'll tell you."

There was no need to. I already knew the issue. Tell would tell whenever miss Heather will find out though.
~
The ride back to Odell's was just as awkward leaving this morning. He insisted I stay with him for the week, but if he wasn't going to speak to me the entire time I was there then what's the point. Maybe I needed to be the one to break the silence. "Umm you want to talk about the game?" I suggested. Although his performance was off, the Giants still came out with the win. That should make him happy.

He shook his head then sighed. Out of no where Odell pulled over on the side of the road and just had us sit there. "What are you doing?"
I asked.

"We need to talk about this Lana. You're carrying my child. I don't know if I should be excited or terrified right now." I shrugged. "I don't know either, still new to me too." he put his head in his hands then looked out the car window. I didn't know what to do next. I thought about maybe trying my best to comfort him, but I didn't know what to say. Shit...I was pregnant. He should be comforting me.  "I just really need to know what we're doing. Like what's the game plan? Are we keeping it or we getting an abortion? Or are we looking into adoption?"

"I want it." I didn't know much about being a mom, but I knew this baby deserves the best considering they didn't ask to be here. Odell nodded. "Alright, don't have a problem with that." that lifted some weight off my shoulder. Knowing that him and I were on the same page for once in our relationship made me so happy. "So, you took a test, right?" I nodded. "And it came back positive?"

"They both did."

"You took more than one?"

I nodded again. He looked forward then sighed. "We should probably still see a doctor, just to make sure and be a hundred percent."

"Okay," of course I had no issue with that. The only thing that worried me was how we were supposed to make this work with our really conflicting schedules. "I'll try and make an appointment for Wednesday I guess, cool for you?" I shrugged. He looked down at his lap.

"This is all my fault, but I just want you to know that I'll be here through it all. A baby is probably the biggest responsibility a person could have and I'm not going to give you the burden of being there for him all by yourself. I know I have a lot of maturing to do and I'm sorry that it takes us getting pregnant out of the blue for me to realize that. But this time is going to be so different because I can't keep putting you through the same shit especially now," Odell reached over and placed his hand over my stomach which made me blush.

"I'm here for you."
-
You believe everything Odell had to say?🤷🏽‍♀️🤔