•34•

•34•

"Wait, so he's there now?" Crystal asked.

"Yea, he left like two hours ago. Which is making me very nervous."

It was the following day and I was sitting in our hotel bed talking with Crystal on the phone and waiting for Odell to get back from Jarvis' place. He went over there to basically let him know that we couldn't be apart of his plan at the moment. And although I thought this would be great for Odell, and no matter what I still feel like this is a once and a lifetime opportunity, the fact that he's mentally so invested in me and our life together...well, it makes me unbelievably happy.

"Two hours? Just to turn down a business deal?" I shrugged. "I know, but I guess because it's Jarvis..and you kind of know how things went down with them. He really doesn't want to disappoint again."

"To be completely honest, it's probably going to hurt Jarvis regardless of how he lets him know. But then again, he could have picked up the phone and gave y'all some insight on this before he started having meetings and shit." the sound of her chuckle made me sigh a little bit. No matter how much I wanted to feel sorry for Jarvis, Crystal was right. This kind of step is overwhelmingly big. It would have been nice to have some context as to why we were here before throwing this news on Odell. I just want to look at it as some grand gesture of kindness opposed to some irresponsible form of business. "I know C, I just hope everything is cool with them right now."

"Enough about them Lana, what about you?"

"Huh?"

"Girl...how are you eating? Are you getting sick still?"

I sighed again, this time louder, because the stress of everything going on only helps distract me from what I need to be purely focused on. "I'm fine, eating good. Sleeping good." I replied.

"Good, did you pick a date on when you were going to announce? I hate not being able talk about." I giggled then laid down in bed. "I know, but just keep my secret for a little longer. You and Odell are the only ones that have confirmation that I am and I want to keep it like that."

"I know but-" her voice began to fade in the background, then I suddenly heard "No Jordy! You put crayons on paper, not in your mouth baby. Draw mommy a picture....thank you."

"Aww! I miss her so much!" I whined while listening to her little babbles from the other end of the phone. "She misses you too. I can tell because every time I pick up the phone she'll go 'Lani! Lani!' and try and take it from me." I heart grew heavy as I began to cheese. "I can't wait for our kids to be each other's favorite cousin."

"I know right, I hope you have girl. No offense, but it's definitely more fun shopping for baby girl stuff than baby boy stuff."

"I want to wait. Odell doesn't, but I want it to be a surprise."

"That's exciting! I'm still praying for a girl.."

"Yea, I know-" I stopped speaking once my phone dinged. It was a text message from Odell.

Bae😘: I'm on my way back.

-How did it go?

Bae😘: Terrible. Talk when I get there.

"Lana? Girl, you good?" I heard Crystal ask, snapping me right back to reality. "Um, yea C. Lemme call you a little later."

Odell Beckham Jr.

"I'm telling you no, man." explaining to Jarvis that this was a partnership I couldn't handle right now was like speaking English to a foreigner. "I understand 'no', you just not telling me why!" was his rebuttal. "But I did! I told you I can't handle that right now. Too much going on."