•17•

•17•

"I don't want to try it, Odell." she restated for the billionth time today. I laughed then ate the banana myself. "Mustard? Bananas? What do you like?" I asked sarcastically. She laughed then shrugged. "Everything, except for those two...oh, and eggs." I squinted my eyes at her which made her giggle. "You don't like eggs either?" she shook her head.

"Alana?"

"Yes?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

She shrugged then took a spoonful of her icecream. I watched her eat and realized how much I missed her even more. At least how much I missed spending time with her. She had the cutest laugh in the world that just made me and everyone around want to smile. "I have a game this Sunday." I stated to her.

"As always," she replied sarcastically.

I smirked. "I want you there, actually I need you there because we're going against the Redskins." Alana's whole countenance changed once I said that. She must be just as upset as I am.

Alana Cardenas

Redskins...as in Josh Norman? I guess I couldn't really be surprised considering that they both play for the same division. I was only worried because I knew what Josh had did to Odell, but Odell still had no clue. I never got around to telling him about Norman. So his animosity towards him is nothing more than the incident they had last year. If I see Norman again, I have no idea what I'd do. I wanted to hurt him so bad after everything that went on with Odell and Luke showing back up so they could sabotage him together. I hated him with a burning passion.

"Alana? You good?"

Odell interrupted my thoughts. "Yea, I'm fine. I just-"

"Wow, nice seeing you two out." a voice said from out of nowhere. The shadow of a much taller guy fell over me at the table. I looked up to see two face..an unfamiliar one and a very familiar one. I rolled my eyes at the sight of her. She was just looking at me nervously and standing there awkward. I peaked at Odell and saw that his expression also changed from content to awkward. The both of them were nervous. And of course I knew why. Seeing her in my face made me want to slap the shit out of her, but it made me want to reach across this table and slap Odell even more. It's so much easier to say you forgive someone than to actually do it.

"What's up man." Odell spoke to the guy and shook his hand.

I watched the guy and for some odd reason he was watching me too. He was a god. Brown skin, tall, muscular. But why was he with her? They couldn't possibly be together, right? Considering she can't keep her lips to herself. "Um, babe, this is Milo." Odell introduced us, yet again knocking me right out off of my train of thought. Milo licked his lips then smirked at me. He gave me his hand to shake so I did. "Alana, right?" it was weird how he already knew me. I nodded. "Yea, how'd you know?"

"How could I not know? You're only one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen grace the cover of Vogue."

And with that my cheeks began to blush and burn with embarrassment as I tried my hardest to cover a smile, just begging to be let out. "Aww, that's so sweet. Thank you." he shrugged a little then almost jumped once realizing nobody had introduced Sasha. "Oh, this is my sister," which immediately clicked in my head once he said that. "Sasha, I'm sure you've met Odell before." Sasha nodded then awkwardly looked over at him. He deflected her trying to make eye contact then looked down at the table. "Hi Alana." she spoke in a soft tone. I shot her a quick smirk without letting a word slip out of my mouth. "You look really pretty today."

Why is she trying to play nice now? Like I don't know about what happened with the both of them.  "Hmm." I let out softly then faced my attention back to Odell who was just sitting there eating his ice cream. "Okay..." Milo mumbled. I'm assuming he could feel the tension in the area just as strongly as us. "But it's funny I see you here today because I had been meaning to ask you something."

What could he possibly need to ask me? Him and I have never had a conversation before.

"I actually dm'ed you sometime last week." Odell looked up and locked eyes at me with his infamous what the hell face. Kinda looks something like..

 Kinda looks something like

I began to blush again. This time not from flattery. "Really? I probably didn't notice. I get so many."

Wrong choice of words Lana. Odell's face then turned to something more like...

 Odell's face then turned to something more like

"Oh really?" Odell questioned.

I glanced at him then right back at Milo to avoid any more upset glares. "It's fine, I have a photoshoot coming up in a couple days. And we're still looking for their perfect girl to be in it with me. I could give you all my manager's information and have him contact you with yours." I thought about it for a second. I guess it would be a nice idea to expand my own brand by taking opportunities like this. "That sounds-"

"She's busy." the three of us turned our attention to Odell who had been leaning back in his chair and smirking at Milo most of our conversation. "I didn't even tell you what day." Milo said playfully with a light chuckle.

"Doesn't matter, she's busy all next week."

Odell looked at me as if he was expected an implied form of agreement with him. I hate it when he tries to talk for me. "Actually, here." I began digging around in my purse for a pen then finally came across one. I grabbed a napkin off the table then wrote my number down. "Have your manager contact me Milo." I handed it to him then sat back and watched as Odell stared intensely at me. Then out of nowhere he let out a menacing chuckle. "Um, I really don't want to cause any problems. If it's an issue with Odell then I can go and find someone else." I shook my head. "Nope, it shouldn't be an issue considering that I'm the only one that pays my rent." Milo chuckled then smirk.

"Alright, Odell, I'll see you at practice. Alana, I'll see you next week."
-
Thoughts on Alana's decision? How do you feel about Milo?