•65•

•65•

"What are we going to do?" Alana sat in bed next to me with a worried look on her face. I grabbed her hand then laid all the way back. "Do we really have any choice besides doing what he said?"

We could sit here and weigh all the options we wanted to out, but in the end, if we were to risk her getting out then I'd have even bigger problems on my hands. She's already done enough to my family so if I don't go forward and say whatever I need to say to put her ass in jail then I'm only putting my people at greater risk. I wish I could just make this all avoidable for Alana. She doesn't deserve to go through any of this. She should be home, and with our son. None of this should be happening right now.

"I don't know if I can do this." I heard her mutter.

"I don't want you to do this." I took my hand and began to rub her back. "I'll talk to Sylvester and tell him that I'll gets up there and speak, but we need to leave you out of this."

"You think that's an option? Like is that allowed?"

"It's gon have to be. He should be able to win the case with just me. I was there. They don't need more than one person to tell them the same shit."

She nodded then laid her head against my chest. "But what about everything you got going on?"

"Like what? Football?" I scoffed then rolled my eyes. I had bigger problems at hand so right now that could be put on the back burner. "You have a game on Sunday. You gonna be able to play with all this?"

"Again, not much of a choice. We up against the Redskins. If Norman is playing then I can't bitch out."

I felt fingers begin to trace across my chest. I also noticed she started to wiggling around next to me. She had something to say. It was easier to spot Lana's little tendencies as time went on. I knew all her quirks like I had known her my entire life. When she fidgets, smirks, or starts to giggle a little too much she got something to say.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"...nothing, I'm sleepy."

"Shut up. What's wrong?"

"It's really nothing Dell, I'm just tired now."

"Do I have stupid written across my forehead." I started to laugh, but it wasn't that funny. She sucks at lying. That's why she just needs to talk and tell me what's going on with her right now.

"I said Norman's name and now you getting all...all jittery"

"I'm not jittery."

"Yea, you are." I lifted my leg which caused her to sit up and face me. "What's up? Tell me baby." I pulled her closer then began shoving my face against her shoulder and neck. I started to kiss her body in an attempt to calm her down. She even felt nervous. It could have been just about the Sasha situation. It could have been more. I'm still going to ask. "Tell me."

She let out a frustrated sigh then bit down on her lip. "Would you be mad at me if I told you something that I maybe should have told you awhile ago, but so much had happened that I didn't really...get a chance to."

"...yea. Probably."

"Odell I'm serious."

"So am I."

What the hell could she have to tell me. I felt myself growing angry. What type of shit was she hiding from me. It better not be the unthinkable.

"Alana..."

"..ugh, yea?"

"I swear on our son, if you fucked Norman at any point during our breakup-"

"Okay, okay stop. That's disgusting, just don't even think that about me." she put her hands up and waved them defensively.

"So then what's up?"

"Umm....I don't want you to play against him. I want you to not get on his bad side and I want for you to kinda just stay away from him, okay?"

I started to laugh a little bit. Did she think I was afraid him or something? She think he's scary or intimidating? She thinks I can't handle myself ? "W-why would I avoid him?"

"He's just really sneaky. And I care about you and I don't wanna deal with anything he tries to do again-"

"What did he do the first time?"

She stopped speaking then looked down at my chest. I grabbed her arms then nudged her slightly to make her look back up at me. "Speak to me, what happened? Something happened that I don't know about?"

I watched her take a deep breath then grab my hand. "When Sean found you, last year when you...when you had-"

"Overdosed? I'm not triggered just speak."

"Okay I'm trying! But that year when Sean had found you, I had talk to Luke a couple days later-"

"Like Luke from college, Luke?" she nodded.

"Yea, he told me that Josh had paid him to try and introduce you back to...ya know?"

"What?! What are you talking about?"

"They literally plotted on your sobriety."

"This was over a year ago and you just now telling me about this?"

"Okay so calm down, okay? Because I was going to tell you, but you know what happened directly in between the time I was told and me visiting you in rehab."

I rolled my eyes. Seriously? I thought we were past that. "We bringing that up right now?"

"What? I'm literally explaining to you why I never said anything!"

"Okay Alana, but I've played Norman since then...I played him since we were together! Why wouldn't you tell me about it then?"

She shrugged. "I don't know! I don't remember! But fuck it, I'm telling you now."

"Alright whatever." I swung my legs off the bed, but then felt her hand wrap around my forearm. "Stop it! We are not doing this right now."

"Imagine some shit that concerned you went on and I only told you..I don't know.. over a year later. How would you feel ?"

"...what? Are you ser-? YOU HAVE!" she yelled then threw her hands in the air.

"..yea you right and you fucking left me for it. Leave me the fuck alone."
-

It has been some time since Alana knew about this, you think she was wrong for waiting until now? You think Odell reacted the right way?