•3•

•3•

"Move Lana, it's almost in my mouth." I began to readjust Lana as she and I spooned on her bed. She had her hair pulled up in one of those buns so it was in my face. "But I'm so comfortable." she whined. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not." I grabbed her then flipped her so that she was facing me. She had a pouty face on while her arms crossed over her chest. I chuckled then gave her a kiss. Then I let my hands rub on her back. Eventually they reached her butt so I gave it a nice squeeze. She pulled away and pushed my hands off of her. "Don't get all grabby. Grabbing leads to intercourse," she explained. "And you don't get any intercourse until I see some romance."

I sighed then laid back on the bed. "This ain't romantic?" she shook her head.

"Nope. I told you. I want you to surprise me with something special."

"But Lana we never have the time for something special. Let's just do this now then we can focus on doing something special another day." I tried to go in for another kiss, but she put her hand in my face. "I want romance."

This is killing me. It's been a year and a half since I've got some action. The entire time I was trying to get Lana I would dodge other females' advances. But if I knew she was going to treat me like this then I would have had all the sex I could before she took me back. "Fine, can I at least see it-"

"No! Romance.."

Alana Cardenas

"That was great, I had an amazing time." I said to Ms. Shannon's "friends" from her agency. She calls them her friends, but I know she can't stand them. We all met up for coffee this morning because she had some new proposals for the board and she wanted me to come with her because apparently these new ideas involved me in some type of way. She just hasn't fully explained it to me yet. But I trust her judgement. She's never stirred me in the wrong direction before. "Maybe we could all meet up again next week, we should have a decision for you by then Shannon."

The group of businessmen and women walked out of the cafe leaving Ms. Shannon and I to ourselves. "That went-"

"Terrible! I hate those snooty pricks. They're so boring and characterless. They all have no personality." she wasn't lying about that. Every single one of them appeared more zombie than human. But those are the people she has to impress in order to get what she wants. Whatever that is. "So, when are you going to tell me about this brilliant idea of yours?" she smiled at me then shrugged. "I could tell you now, but I don't want you to get too excited if the walking dead turns it down." I giggled. "Just tell me."

"Okay. I've been thinking about launching another line, but this time I want a partner." she smirked at me and I already knew where this was heading. "Ms. Shannon I thought we already talked about this-"

"Just listen to me. I know you say you're not the fashionista type to design clothes, but if you just let me do all the work and put your name on it then-"

"Wait, why do you need me to put my name of it if I'm not contributing ideas?"

She chuckled devilishly. "Sweetie, these girls out here practically buy anything with your name on it. Do you understand how much buzz you've accumulated ever since you modeled my first line? Let's just do this together. I'll have you model the clothing and whenever asked about the pieces just consult to me." I shook my head. "I don't feel comfortable doing this."

Basically she wants me to model like before, but also say that I designed those pieces. I've never met someone who wanted me to take credit for their work before. Ms. Shannon was definitely one of a kind. I do get that I was gaining a bit of popularity around New York and other places, but I really don't get why she needs me to do this. Her first line sold really well. This business move of hers is starting to come off as snakelike or greedy. "Why? What's making you feel off about this venture?"

"The fact that I'm taking credit for something that isn't mine." I explained.

"Oh please Alana. You think half of these celebrities who have launched clothing lines actually took the time to design that material themselves? You put a name to the clothing, and then a face to the name, people will buy that stuff before I could even finish my sentence. For instance, your boyfriend, O'Neal?"

"Odell." I corrected her.

"Right. T-shirts, hats, backpacks, right? All under his name and face? I know because my godson loves his ass." I chuckled. "He sat down and designed all of those items?" I shrugged. "I honestly can't answer that." I replied. "Well I can, the answer is no. Just trust me. If we convince these people then you and I are going to be floating on a money boat." I sighed then felt my pocket buzz. I pulled out my phone then read my text message from Odell.

Babe😘: Coffee? rn?

-Just got down havin coffee wit some businesses people baby🙁 im srry

Babe😘: meet me somewhere Lana! imu 😩

-we were just 2get last nite😂

Babe😘: hours ago babe😒 I wanna c u now

-I'm busy now. Movie at my place? 8?

Babe😘: practice 2-10, that's y I need to c u now

-I'm sorry muffin. I'll make it up to u! I promise.

Babe😘: how?👀

-whatever u want 😌

Babe😘: 👉👌?

-try again🙄

Babe😘: 👅🍆?

-this is the complete opposite of romance😑

Babe😘: I'm just playin😂 I love you 😘

-I love u 2😘

-
How do you guys feel about this idea that Ms. Shannon has? Trust it?🤔