•39•

•39•

*BUZZ BUZZ   BUZZZZ*

I slowly opened my eyes, which were being blinded by the sun that had found its way into the room through our sheer drapes. I used my other hand to shield me from it. I looked down and saw a head full of hair in my sight. He had his head laying against my chest and his arm reaching over the rest of my body. I let out a yawn then immediately became irritated by the buzzing noise, which was still going off for whatever reason. I sat up, causing Odell to reposition. It was his phone's alarm ringing. I reached over him and grabbed it, silencing the annoying noise. But as I turned the alarm off, I noticed Odell had a couple messages from Vic. I opened the phone...only because it may have been important.

Vic🏈😈: I slept in a hotel, shit was ass. I'm begging you man, talk to Laina for me and I won't ever ask you to do anything else.

Vic🏈😈: Like ever bro

Vic🏈😈: Nigga respond!

Vic🏈😈: I know yo ass up!!!

Vic🏈😈: U know I'm only asking cuz she not tryna hear wat I gotta say.

Vic🏈😈: U was right! That's wat you tryna hear from a nigga?! I should have never messed wit shorty.

I was purely confused by whatever it was Victor was talking about. I checked on Odell to see if he was still sleep. Out like a light, with his back facing me. I obviously wasn't going to respond for Odell. That would seem weird. But I mean, maybe I could figure out what he was talking about a different way. I looked at him one more time, just to make sure. All clear.

I exited the messages with Vic and looked at some of his others. Nothing that really concerned me. All names from people I already knew about. Jarvis' name concerned me though. Considering they didn't leave Miami on great terms. I clicked on the text thread and saw that they had been communicating since we left Florida..which was fantastic! I even saw Jarvis send him a picture of stroller.

Juice💉🏈: Don't buy one, imma get y'all this.

I guess somebody spilled the beans. I can't even blame him. If my best friend knows then why can't his? I closed the phone and began to put it back on the nightstand, but as soon as I reached over him it buzzed. Trying not to wake him up, I sat back down. Looking at the screen I saw he had got a DM on instagram. I didn't recognize the name. So I opened it.

LovelyLeila78_ sent you a message!

LovelyLeila78_: Hey, I've been tryna get in contact with you for like a month. Why u ignoring me?

Who the fuck?? I scrolled up the conversation, which wasn't a long one. He had messaged her last year. The time stamp revealed that the first message he sent to her was around the time him and I first started getting bad. Pre-rehab, but mid arguments. While reading, I noticed the tone in the conversation was most definitely flirty. He addressed her as sexy and she addressed him as daddy. I turned to look at him, who was still sleeping innocently. I wanted to smack him woke. I just rolled my eyes then returned to the thread.

I finally reached the messages labeled as sent around the months he went into the facility. To my surprise, it was the last of the messages he sent.

LovelyLeila78_: When r we gonna link daddyyy??

-We not. U gotta leave me alone.

LovelyLeila78_: Huh?? Wait I'm confused

LovelyLeila78_: Odell??!! Respond!!!

I saw nothing else except for the fact that she left him alone for months then decided to message him out of the blue again. No response from his end. It's really hard to defend him because of everything that's happened in the past, but this is growth. And I love it on him. It makes me feel like I'm back with the guy I first met at the diner.

But the fact that I was going through his phone made me feel terrible. I forgave him so I need to prove that I can trust him. I closed the phone, for good this time, and gently placed it on his night stand. I sighed then sat back down in my original spot. I let out a sigh of relief knowing I didn't get caught.

"You find what you was lookin' for?" I heard him ask, with his back still facing me.

Nevermind, I guess. "Shit.." I mumbled under my breath. I watched as he slowly sat up and looked at me with a smirk on his face.

I couldn't even look him in the face. I just stared at my lap. "We good? Or you wanna talk about something?" he asked. I shook my head. "I was turning your alarm off...got carried away I guess." he shrugged. "At this point, goin' through my phone is the least of my worries." he chuckled the playfully shoved me. "You sure we good though?" I smiled then nodded. "Good." he licked his lips then kissed mine.

Before I knew it, I was sitting in his lap. "You got some messages from Victor." he nodded then grabbed the phone to check for himself.

He chuckled then shook his head. "Shits sad." I heard him mumble.

"What?" I curiously asked.

"It's him and Elaina, he wants me to go talk to her for him."

"But isn't that his wife? What are you gonna say?"

"I'm not saying anything to her. He took Sasha out and she sent some things to Elaina. Now she's filing for divorce and he wants me to go over there and tell her that Sasha's crazy."

I shrugged. "Well maybe he should have never took her out."

"That's what I'm trying to explain to him, but he doesn't seem to understand that."

"So you're not getting involved with that, right?" he nodded quickly. "Hell no, I got bigger issues to deal with. Like your nosey ass." he laughed then rolled on top of me. I giggled as he pinned my back on the bed. "What do we have planned for the day?" he asked.

"Remember? We have a check up at 12."

"Right right. Get to see my baby." he looked down at my stomach and placed his hand on it. "Yea, then you have practice. And I'll be here.. all alone..again." he smirked. "You'll be alright."

"I know..it's just I'm still getting used to living in this big ass place."

"It'll take you a minuet, but I know you will."

Odell Beckham Jr.

I watched her pull her shirt up and let the doctor place the ultrasound gel on her exposed stomach. He began moving the device and my eyes stayed focused on the screen. Immediately we heard our baby's heartbeat. It made me smile. Lana tugged on my arm as a blurry black and white picture of our baby popped up on the screen.

"That's them?" I asked the doctor while pointing to it.

He nodded. "Yes, that's your baby. Completely healthy looking. Development and weight gain seem to be pretty normal too. You guys wanted to know the sex?"

I looked at Lana who looked up at me. I wanted so bad to know what we were having, but to make her happy I'll keep waiting. "Naw, we gonna wa-"

"We wanna know!" she blurted out.

I looked down, surprised. "Hold up. I thought we was waiting?" she kept shaking her head. "I can't O! Look at it! I don't wanna wait! I wanna know now!" I laughed then kissed her forehead. "You forreal drive me crazy, you know that?" she nodded slowly then turned her head to the doctor. I did the same.

We watched and anticipated for his response. He kept moving the device around on her stomach. Different angles of the baby developed on the screen. I grabbed Lana's hand tightly and held it close to my chest without removing my eyes from screen.

"Congratulations, you're having a baby boy."
-
Aww Odell's getting a son! How happy for them are you??🥰🥰