Continuation of Chapter Thirty-Six and Character Images

So this piece came to mind over a week ago, after I had already published the other part. I didn't want to add more to this to create a longer chapter so I will end up putting it together with chapter thirty-six at some point. Also, for those who have not seen the character reveals (images I have that I feel matches these characters) in my other story of the twins and the dynamic duo (Austin and Rose), I have included that at the end of this short continuation.

Also, I will likely be posting again later today, Lord willing.

Enjoy!

"Love."

I feel how Joe's voice rumbles through his chest as I rest on it. I pick up my head lazily and look at him. His fingers trail up and down my back in a slow, soothing motion.

"Yes, dear?" I ask quietly.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I say, gazing into those warm eyes of his. The deep browns look back at me as a lopsided smile rests on those lips of his. I've had one on my own face for a while now.

It's just our first time together, but Joe has demonstrated his love and care for me. I can confidently say that he is rather selfless in this department.

I give him a kiss, more than happy, and he smiles into it.

"It seems like you're satisfied," he teases once we break apart. Normally I would deny his claim, but I can't.

"More than satisfied," I say, and his eyebrows raise for a moment in surprise, then his smile grows.

"Look at you being honest, Gracie." He brings me back to him for another kiss, and it's a slow one. I move closer, and that hand that was making gentle movements before presses against my back, holding me to him.

"I like it," he murmurs against my mouth. His eyes flit to mine before he switches our position, a serious expression on his face now. I watch him, drawn in. He braces himself on his arms and my hands automatically reach for him, one slipping into his hair as my fingers curl in and the other going to his shoulder.

"Joe," is all I say, but he hears me loud and clear. Patience used to be his reply to that, but there's no need for that anymore.

"I'll take care of you." To anyone else, the response may seem unusual for the situation, but I know what he means.

"I know," I say softly, my fingers curling in a bit more. He'll take care of my needs, all of them. And I'll certainly take care of his as well. His mouth meets mine again, and the kiss is a sweet one that brings my mind back to our wedding just a little earlier. This day has love written all over it and that brings me joy.

After a while, Joe pulls away and sits up.

"I'll take care of you," he says again, and I tear up, nodding.

"I know." His gaze softens and he bends down to press a kiss to my temple before continuing, keeping his eyes locked onto mine. I smile, feeling such trust and love towards him.

Character Images:

Ty: