Author's Note

Hello everyone,

So I just completed the book yesterday, and I was just editing the last chapter today, but I also got started on the epilogue for this book. That may take a few days or more than a week to finish, but I'll put it up once it's done. I was writing the last few sentences yesterday and I got to feeling some kind of way. It's a bit sad to end this story, but I'm glad to finish as well.

I've been writing for over a decade, but this is the first book that I've finished. I thank God for such an achievement. I hope this book pointed you back to Him. That's the most important thing for me. 

I'm planning on self-publishing this book this year. So...yes lol. 

Also, I want to say that I know a few things about labor and delivery (I studied it in school), but please do not take things I said these last two chapters as medical advice. I say that for legal purposes lol-I'm not a doctor and I am not necessarily in the health care field any longer so please do not quote me haha. See your doctor, nurse, or medical practitioner for medical advise. 

I hope you all enjoyed the ride and below is a chapter from Redemption, Austin and Rose's story:

Chapter 3 

"Today, Austin! You've got no choice! Come with us," Nova says, dancing as we leave our class. We head down the stairs and exit the building. It's Friday, the last day of school for the week. This was the second week of sixth grade. Nova and Ty have been inviting me to their place for two weeks now and I've been declining. But the more they continue to ask, and the more their mother extends an invitation to me, the more I feel myself softening to their request. I feel bad for not having agreed yet. They've also been extending to me the offer of a ride home, but I've been refusing that as well.

Since after school activities have started, I just join those and wait for my parents to come. But today is different, I won't wait today.

"Sure," I say.

"We won't take no for an answer!" she turns, pointing to me sternly.

"He already said yes, sis," Ty says.

"That's right-tell him, Ty! It's by fire by force, Austin!" she says the Nigerian saying that I've heard their mother use.

"He said yes-"

"And you've no choice this time, mister," Nova stops abruptly and turns to look at me. There's a short pause before she speaks again. "Wait...what?"

"Sure, I'll come with you guys today." her eyes widen ever so slowly and she runs to me before grabbing me in a bear hug.

"Yay!" she lets me go and pulls me toward their car. Movement catches my eye and I see someone sit up in the back. The door opens and out steps a petite girl in a light green dress. It's her eyes that I notice right after.

Her large doe eyes are expressive and widen once they land on me. She looks so much like a doll. Her dark brown complexion is without a blemish and her thick hair is up in two cute buns on her head.

"Oh," she says before giving a warm smile. I don't know why, but I feel my chest get warm and fuzzy. "You must be Austin. Everyone has talked so much about you." Normally, I'd introduce myself, give a King smile and keep it moving, but instead I freeze.

I just freeze and stare. Heat rises to my cheeks and she blinks, seeing this. Her head tilts and she studies me.

"Rose!" Nova throws her arms around the smaller girl and squeals in delight.

"Hey cousin," Ty greets with a smile. Oh, I see. Nova has been mentioning a cousin of hers that is like a sister she never had, now I see who she's talking about. She mentioned her being "cute as the cutest teddy bear" and I thought that was just Nova being Nova, but Rose really is cute. She's actually very adorable and pretty.