Epilogue

"—and Mommy warm and soft! She care of me, Toosin, Daddy! And Daddy care of us!"

I hear the second sweetest voice I've ever heard as I head upstairs, a greasy towel in hand and a smile on my face.

"Good job, and how else would you describe your daddy?"

I'm just about to go into our bedroom when I hear Grace's question. I stand by the doorway instead, out of sight but able to see my two ladies. I just came from the garage, having fixed up Grace's car. I'm a little sweaty and I was thinking of taking a shower, but that can wait. I watch them interact, loving the sight.

"Daddy?" Our two-and-a-half-year-old asks, staring at Grace with her large eyes.

"Yes."

Silence is her answer and Grace waits patiently.

"Dewribe?" she finally questions.

"Yes, describe. What would you say about your daddy?"

"Hmm! I do that! I do that." She abruptly stands on the bed they sit on. "Daddy strong! Daddy-daddy kind! Daddy . . . Daddy." Our little girl stops, her arms stretched out at her sides as she freezes in thought, silent as she tries to find more words.

"Does he love anything?" Grace supplies, and our little girl's eyes widen.

"Yes! Daddy love God, love Mommy, love Fermi, he love Toosin, and and . . . he give big hugs!" Feranmi throws her hands up, beaming. Grace takes Fermi into her arms, attacking her face with kisses and causing her to laugh loudly.

"Good job." Grace praises, setting our daughter back on the bed and continuing to fold the laundry in front of her.

"I help too!"

"What a big girl."

"Yes!"

I watch from the doorway as Feranmi watches Grace carefully, leaning in close to her hands to see how she folds each cloth.

"I can do it too."

She reaches out her hands and Grace gives her a washcloth, allowing her to fold it into squares that may leave a bit to be desired to anyone else, but they look great in our eyes. But Feranmi frowns, seeing how they don't look the same as her mother's. Grace sees this and gives her an encouraging smile.

"You are doing well; I was not able to fold as good as you when I was your age."

"Really Mommy?" she asks, looking up at her with wide eyes, astonished by Grace's words.

"Yes, you're doing well. Here, help me fold these."

Feranmi gives a determined nod, folding some more, and she gets so focused that she doesn't even notice when I step into the room until I'm right beside them.

"Now what's going on here?" I ask.

"Daddy!" Our baby girl drops what she's doing to stand and jump into my arms, attacking me with a hug. I squeeze her tight and she giggles.

"No hugs for me?" Grace asks, setting the clothes in her hand down before standing. She wears a beautiful yellow floral sundress, her hair up in a bun. She looks beautiful, and she glows as she smiles at me. I bought the dress for her when she said one day that she wished she could find more nursing clothes. It makes it more convenient for her when she breastfeeds.

"Oh, I think I can spare one." I say before bringing her into my side. We share a kiss and Feranmi claps before pointing to the bassinet attached to our bed with a wide smile.

"Toosin too!"

At that moment, Tosin, her six-month-old brother, sits up. He has a head of loose curls and he has adorable rolls of baby fat on his arms and legs.