A Note

Hello everyone,

My apologies for the late update. I will be updating today, but I also wanted to leave this important note prior to the updates.

This story focuses heavily on the Christian faith and because of that I wanted to touch on a few things and also ask some questions for self-reflection.

For believers, if someone asked you the Gospel, would you be able to explain it? Can you explain who Christ is? Can you explain why His sacrifice was necessary? Do you know characteristics of God? Do you know what Scripture says about man?

It's incredibly important for Christians to have an understanding of their faith and to be able to explain it. 1 Peter 3:15 says that we should always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks us for the reason for the hope that is in us (and that we should do this with gentleness and respect). For this, we need to read Scripture as that is where we will know about our faith, and about our Lord.

For anyone who may be an unbeliever and reading this story, welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read this; I truly do appreciate that. I don't know if you have ever heard the Gospel in full, or the reason as to why Christians say that one should turn to Christ, but I hope the previous chapter helped to address these things. 

To everyone, initially, this was going to be a very short story that would have solely focused on Grace and Joe, not exploring their relationship nearly as much or their faith journey, nor their relationship with all the kids. I thank the Lord for His help in writing this and I pray that I did this story justice and that it touches the hearts and minds of those who read it. 

I am working on the very last (or second last, depending on how things go) chapter so this story is truly coming to a close. Thank you all for your time and support.

If you have a favorite moment, or favorite chapter, character, sentence, Bible verse, etc., feel free to leave it in the comments section :) . Though I respond late, I enjoy reading the comments.

Take care everyone,
Sarah