27

flashback

A dainty as well as toothsome dinner was arranged for the new guests in the royal dining hall. The servants were placing the platters loaded with foods on the soban (traditional korean table) according to the instruction of the Min queen who made sure to organize everything properly without any fault.

The dinner was quite as usual but for the sound of cutlery as the king was not only a quite-eater but also not interested to start a conversation with his guest, king jeosong who was busy in ingurgitating the food in front of him. While the guest princess was eating her food slowly and eyeing the Min dynast time to time contemplating whether to start a conversation or not. She wondered how she never meet a man like him who didn't even try to approach her once.
Yes, of course, he was engaged and she knew it very well. But so what? As far as she heard the rumors, he was not as coy and vestal at all but rather opposite. Was he infatuated by his husband's charm that much?

(A/N: I decided to change the term from 'wife' to 'husband' in case of Jimin. As jimin is a boy in my story, so addressing him as wife may will be a little bit feminizing him. But the term 'queen' will be remained. Just think the word 'queen' as a title which can be claimed by both female and submissive male)

Being impatient by the cold shoulder she got, she decided to take a move.

"Uhmm, Min palace is really the most beautiful palace I have ever seen. Your majesty must be so kind enough to invite us here. I really enjoyed the environment." she didn't forget to put on a charming smile at the end ; a smile that can scud straight and strike the heart.

Nodding his head, he leaned in to slurp a spoonful of soup causing his high blond ponytail to fall on the side of his face a little. "It's good to know that you liked the hospitality."

That's all?

The princess pride did hurt a little. She didn't expect the king to be so close mouthed to give her such a formal yet short reply. At least he could give her a glance. The unbothered king was munching slowly looking down as if the thing on his plate was the most important thing on the world. But she was not ready to give up yet.

"Also congratulations for your marriage. And sorry that I couldn't attend your wedding ceremony. It's really nice to meet his highness."

Jimin who was also chewing his food silently looked up on the mentioning of him.

"His highness is really so pretty. I guess why you suddenly decided to get married so fast within a day."

Jeosong paused his eating to gaze at the mentioned highness affirming her.
Yoongi finally decided to avert his attention from his food and give her a glance. "Indeed, he is beautiful," he paused for a moment to look at his side where jimin was seated. "Just like a rose. So pretty yet full of thorns." He smiled smugly which was rather visible being satisfied to able to tease the younger.

On the other side, jimin who was flustered already kicked on his husband's leg under the table earning a glare in return.
"You're embarrassing me, Princess. You also look so beautiful and charming. And I'm glad that you liked this place and also the arrangement." he uttered flushing a warm smile to her.

The princess nodded in affirmation. "But I didn't get much chance to observe everything properly. I really want to visit every place." she stopped for a second before gazing at the king.

"Will your majesty accompany us as we don't have enough knowledge about this kingdom? It will be great to spend some time together." with hopeful eyes the princess looked at yoongi batting her long eyelash almost assuring herself that other wouldn't have a heart to let down her proposal.

"What a great proposal, Aerin. And his highnesses must join us too. Otherwise It'll not be as enjoyable at all," King Jeosong cheered finally being interested in the topic after listening to his sister's blabbering so long.

"How fascinating to see that you are enjoying your time, my king. But I'm afraid I need to remind you that the reason you're here for not some kind of tour but to mend some issues. Also I think, I deserve an explanation for your previous act."
pushing the last morsel of rice into his mouth, yoongi's sharp eyes followed the others' one to look directly into his eyes.

Jimin felt the air became suddenly thick in tension as King Jeosong put down his cutler and writhed his body preparing himself for a serious conversation.
"I'm sorry but I'm oblivious about what your saying."

Yoongi let out an audible chuckle. "I see. Then let me be more obvious. I'm sure you're welly informed that the northern islands that used to be my colony have been forcefully occupied by your troops. Would you like to defend yourself?"

" Before going on any action I wanted to handle the matter peacefully to come to an conclusion. That's why I personally invited you here to have a nice talk not for some tour" yoongi rasped taking a sip of wine.

"I understand your rage and concern. But instead of accusing me don’t you think you should blame yourself?" he uttered while tapping his finger tips on the table.

A pindrop silence went by the whole hall as yoongi couldn't function the thing. "What do you mean?" he spitted out.

Jeosong laughed out. A sly glint crept on his kestrel like eyes.
"I mean a very simple thing, my grace. You accused me of taking over your colony forcefully which I accept. But It's also true that being a great powerful ruler, you should had been prepared for all kinds of situations. Being attacked, being overpowered by enemy all are so common facts for such a powerful dynasty. So, don't you think you are the one who should be at the point of finger?"

Aerin rolled her eyes on him for ruining her perfect plan.

"Your arms were not powerful enough to survive against us. I should be the one questioning on your proficiency."

"Enough. Watch your mouth. You have no right to say this." yoongi gritted out in rage. Jimin's eyes casted down to his man's pale veiny hand, adorned by two rings, which clenched on the wine glass even harder. And he knew well that the situation was not turning to be good.

"Well, I apologise but I do have rights. And I have proves too."

He glanced at his sister before saying, "On the way of arriving here, our cart had been attacked by some bandits. But fortunately our guards were succeeded to repel them and we had to change the direction."

A big frown formed on the king's face as his head was banging painfully. "You’re lying. The people of this kingdom will not have such an audacity to lay a hand on any royal cart."

"Unfortunately you're wrong, my grace." Jeosong laughed out mockingly. "You’ve far knowledge about your kingdom. I used to know that people here blench in fear due to your wrath where they are rebelling around with no fear. "

If a gaze could incinerate someone into ashes, then it would be compared to yoongi's who was wanting nothing but to slice his throat right that moments.

"Call out commander Jeon right now and tell him to meet me at crown hall within a minute, " yoongi boomed out clanging the whole hall  looking at the guards scaring the shit out of them