33

It was  almost the time of dinner and the dining hall of min mansion is getting clamorous .  The maids scurried around to arrange the dish bowls and cutlery. The table had already loaded with luscious dishes, still many were yet to serve. The dinning hall was incandescing under the soft glare of burning scented candle. The freshly roasted duck resting just centrally effusing alluring smoky aroma overpowering the fragrance of the candles.

There was going to be a feast night in min palace according to the king's behest. It was not for any festival or happy occasion. It was the last chance yoongi offering to king jeosong by sitting for negotiation before he decides to bring down his whole dynasty.

The territorial disput seemed to going out of control. The northern territory of min kingdom was not just a golden land for agriculture but was also an important trade zone. Being a coastal city, it was the central port for all the importings and exportings.

The usurping troops had seized the ships and looted the goods illegally. Many merchants had been captured. There's also a rumor heard that some foreign ships had  been spoted on the port. It seems like jeosong was trying to fasten the knot with foreign forces in order to propagate his supremacy. If he really could able to manage supplies and backups from the foreign rulers, it would be really hard for yoongi to win back his land and it could be the ultimate downfall of the kingdom.

So yoongi had called for all of his subordinate rulers and authorities is this disput resolution. If he would have to take this to the battlefield, he should have to be prepared well.

"You better stop now. Why don't you listen to me?"

The alleged male breathed out annoyingly,
"and how many times I have to assure you that I am completely fine, your grace?" 
The shorter male puffed his cheeks out protruding his strawberry lips earning a chuckle from the older. 

Stop pouting or I will nom nom this mochi." Jin squeezed his both cheeks growing the pout more making him look like a cute duckling.
“huyyyynnnn stowwwwwwwhh."  Jin finally let go of those breads but not before making a little squish squish. “You should get dressed well before the royal feast begins . His majesty must be arriving at any moment."

The grumpy short man looked down at himself.  Long hair tied up in a messy bun with some short turbulent strands tucked behind the ears and some were sticking on his temple with sweat, eyes tired and nonchalant, long sleeves folded up at elbow, his royal attire all wrinkled and messed up. He looked like someone who had just come out of a battlefield. He snorted at the thought. Even leading a battlefield was far more preferably for him than to governing the entire internal court.

“Look at you. You're looking  horrible," the older blunt out.
Jimin knew that. Being a queen consort didn’t seem as easy at all. The crown prince of park kingdom who used to pretty much skilled in swordsmanship, archery and horse-riding, was never actually taught about the inner court duties. And now being the supreme authority, he had to arrange a whole damn royal feast.

A queen consort should always look so supreme and effulgent by his appearance." the older continued his lecture. I really wish you had a mother in-law to bit your bratty ass of and shove some discipline in you."

Jimin blinked. His brain began to get fuzzy with the memmories of the night when he saw the vulnerable site of the king for the first time. He wached him crying, calling for his mother desperately.
Even after being married here for several months, he didn’t know much about his in-laws except that the queen dowager died when his husband was merely a child but nothing about the former king. It wonders him so much that no person in the palace talk about them. No servant, no guard, no courtiers even not the king himself.