29

Jin started to feel chill in his stomach while passing through the narrowest dark alley.  It was almost midnight and everyone seemed to be in slumber as most of the parts of the palace were engulfed in darkness except  the corridors which were illuminated faintly by the light of flambeau . A sudden howling sound of wolf echoed in the air making jin flinched.

Side of his face beamed brightly at the light of candle lamp clenched in his hand which was the only source of light in that dark alley.

That probably was the most unused part of the palace which ended up at the backside boundary. Somehow he managed to find out about this shortcut.

He took a turn on his left and traced out something that made him exhale in relief. And he could not be more than sure that it was the one he was expecting.

The general's court.

Dim light illuminating through the court's window was enough to assure him that his expectant was still awake. He kept his guard up as he blew out the lamp not wanting to catch attention of the court guards.

After pacing around the place fecklessly, he couldn’t find any straight way to enter into the court. It seemed quit impossible to deceive the guards and throw dust in their eyes and if he got cought, he would really be in trouble.

Though being the personal butler of the royal queen, he got some authorities to administrate and dominate the court maids and some low ranked guards but still got some boundaries and was not allowed to step a foot freely in all parts of palace and may be in this court too.

And if he somehow got caught, not only he would be accused for breaking the rule and sneaking into the general's court at midnight but also being under the superintendence of the royal queen, he also would have to face questions for such mischievous act of his butler.

Biting his lower lip, the butler kicked the pebbles on his way out of frustration. He would have to manage to get himself inside anyhow. Otherwise all those troubles he went through just to confront the general would go in vain.

Yes he was that desperate.

***
Namjoon turned over the next page as his mouth escaped a yawn. Glancing down at the piles of papers and scrolls on the table, the general sighed in exhaustion instantly.

He still needed to deal with a lot of paperworks but his system seemed not to support him and was demanding a sound sleep. Removing the glass from the bridge of his nose he blinked twice to clear his vision. Also the headache was killing him.

Placing his forearm on the table, he leaned on it. And as soon as his brain averted from the work, several thoughts started to cloud in it again.
He could not help but recal the day again. Confusion, anger, hurt,disappointment all those mixed feelings were starting to engulf him so hard that he could not think straight then.  His heart was aching for feeling all betrayed and played out.

So like his identity were all those moments a lie too? All those feelings that made his heart fluttered were just a delusion?  Even if though he was true, it was still so wrong. Everything was so wrong from the beginning.

He needed to find those answers badly but before that he needed to ease himself. He needed to heal his mind for not to think emotionally but rationally. So he decided to call in sick.
It was  the only way to stay out of the palace ;  more specifically stay out of the guy who was the cause of his distress ; to stay out of Jin.

At first, yoongi was confused too for his general's sudden leave on but permitted as being the most responsible courtier, the young man rarely had time for himself and he was always there for the king at any circumstance ; at any condition.