Chapter 6

The rest of the week went by awfully slowly. I avoided Aone out of shame and embarrassment and ignored each of his attempts to communicate. I even resulted to always having my headphones in so he wouldn't talk to me.

I was sitting outside in the backyard's hidden spot.

I was starving but I knew Aone was making his usual lunch

"Its not healthy to starve yourself just because I'm home" Aone appeared by the entrance. He walked in and sat next to me "here" he passed me a plate.

 He walked in and sat next to me "here" he passed me a plate

"Eat" he sighed.
"Thank you" I started eating. We sat there in silence until I finished eating. He passed me a water bottle and I drank from it.
"Are you mad at me?" Aone asked.
"No, I just don't think it'll work out between us if you have feelings for other people" I said. I looked down at my phone and Jasmine was calling me.

From that night on we started talking and I started seeing everything from her perspective.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Are you sure you want to come with me to an appointment?" She asked.
"Yeah, when is it?" I asked.
"Today at 3"
"Send me your address and I'll pick you up"
"Thank you Y/n"
"No problem" I smiled and ended the call.

"You're taking her to her check ups?" Aone asked.
"Yeah" I nodded "I started talking to her and she is actually really cool, I'm just helping her until she has the baby, when the baby-"
"She, the baby is a girl" Aone interrupted.
"Oh" I held back tears "when she is delivered then I'll probably help her out with her house"

It's not like I didn't want him to know about his daughter but it strangely hurt that he was still persistent and active in Jasmine's journey. It was my own jealous and ignorance that caused tears to build in my eyes. I looked over at Aone finally. The man I married for benefits then I somehow fell for was most likely going to be with someone else and there was nothing I could do about it. I felt stuck and helpless but I was trapped in this situation. I didn't know how much I ended up liking Aone but it was obviously a lot.

He eventually looked back at me. We held eye contact for a few moments until a tear ran down my face. I surrendered in the fight to contain my tears. Aone's eyes widened as he watched in shock as tears continued to run down my face.
"Y/n speak to me" he moved the plate and sat me on his lap "what's wrong?" His concern grew with my silence "you can tell me anything"