Chapter 23

Y/n's pov

Days passed and we headed back home. I had spent the days in tears with the dogs. But I had a reason to feel better since Aone promised to pick me up from the airport.

My happiness was quickly diminished as the cold hours passed by. Muffin sat next to me while Bear laid on my lap asleep. I sighed and picked him up to wave down a taxi.
"No need" my dad appeared next to me "I parked outside" he quickly picked up my bag while Muffin grew excited to see him "hi baby" he pet her and I followed him out to his car. He put everything in the car then opened the door for me. I sat down and put on my seatbelt. Dad put Bear next to his mum in the backseat then sat in the driver's seat.

He got onto the road and the drive remained silent. I fought back tears in the passenger seat fiddling with my fingers as a distraction. Dad stopped at a traffic light and passed me a tissue. I took it and rubbed it between my fingers. I kept it together for a while until I accidentally looked up from my hands. My dad and I made eye contact and I could see the sympathy in his gaze. I busted out into tears and looked away. Dad stayed silent and let me release all of my sorrows.

We eventually made it to the house and I got out of the car and walked straight inside. The girls, Tooru, Iwa and coach were sitting on the couch. I paused and turned around to leave the living room but dad blocked my path.
"Excuse me" my voice broke. My father hugged me tightly and I melted into it.
"Are you ok love?" He rubbed my back.
"I'm so tired" I sighed "you smell really good by the way" I smiled.
"Thank you baby" dad chuckled.
"No problem" I took a deep breath and left go of him.

I looked back at everyone else and they were staring at me.
"I'm fine" I sniffed. Tooru and Iwa jumped over the couch and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Oh my love" Tooru said "I'm so sorry for-" he paused and looked at my dad.
"Can someone please explain what is going on?" Dad asked "cause all I know if that you were at the airport alone then started crying in the car" he said "where's Aone?" Everyone stayed silent "are you going to answer me or will I have to go out and find out myself?" He looked at me.
"I don't know where he is" I shrugged "I haven't heard from him in days"
"Days?" Dad looked confused. He pulled out his phone and called Aone then put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Aone answered relatively quickly.
"Where are you right now?" Dad asked.
"I'm the hospital with Jasmine, why?" Aone answered.
"So you abandoned my daughter at the airport to be with your side chick for longer, as if the last few days of your honeymoon wasn't enough" dad said.
"Why is everyone so mad at the idea of me wanting to be there for the birth of my child?" Aone sighed.
"Maybe because you constantly claim you don't have any emotions attachment to your baby mother then drop everything for her, and don't say it's for the baby because that baby isn't even born yet and Y/n is already back" dad snapped.
"I've just been busy ok?" Aone said.
"Busy enough to leave her there for me to pick up, busy enough to ignore your wife for days straight after leaving her in a different country, on your honeymoon!"
"I'll make it up to her, I'm just busy, I have to go" he ended the call.

Dad put his phone away and turned around to leave. He walked straight past the dogs and slammed the front door behind him. Everyone stood in silence until I sighed and picked up Bear.
"I'm going to go take a shower then go to sleep" I said.
"I'll wake you up for lunch" Simone said.
"Thank youu" I left the room.

Aone's pov

I put my phone away and brushed off the situation. I didn't see why everyone was making a big deal out of something so not serious. Y/n supposedly understood that the baby was equally important to her in my life but then acts irrationally when I put her first. I sighed and looked back at Jasmine. I had been living with her in the hospital since the baby is due any time now.
"You were meant to pick her up?" She asked.
"Yeah" I leaned on a counter.
"Then why didn't you?" She asked.
"Because I'm here with you?" I said.
"Yeah, but you could have left for a few hours to go pick her up and take her to lunch or something" she said.
"I can do that after the baby is born" I said.
"Aone go and be with your wife, this baby isn't coming out anytime soon" she pulled out her phone and began swiping through it. I grabbed my jacket, keys and phone before leaving the room.