Chapter 39

Y/n's pov

The drive was long but I boarded the ferry. I parked the car in the designated spot and got out.
"Hi I'm Veronica, I work for XXXX and I'm here to show you to your room" a woman approached me.
"I thought this was a public ferry?" I asked.
"It is, the company just bought you a room so you can be comfortable" she smiled.
"Oh" I smiled "thank you"
"No problem" she chuckled "now let's get your luggage upstairs" she waved someone over.

"Good morning" a man walked over.
"It's 2pm" Veronica looked up at him.
"Oh, I- good afternoon" he bowed.
"Hii" I smiled "I'm Y/n L/n-Aone"
"We know who you are" the man straightened up "I'm Alfie"
"It's nice to meet you both" I smiled.
"Wow" he stared at me.
"Relax" Veronica lightly smacked his arm "we're showing her to her room"
"We're sorry, this is our first time guiding a celebrity" he said.
"You guys are doing a great job" I closed my door "but I'm not a celebrity"

They looked at me blankly.
"There's no need to be humble" Veronica said.
"No honestly, I'm not a celebrity, my husband is" I got my bags out by myself.
"Let me help you" Alfie quickly assisted me.
"Thank you honey" I smiled and he instantly blushed brightly.

"So you really think you're not a celebrity?" Veronica asked as she began to lead me towards my room.
"Yeah I'm not, my husband is the celebrity" I rubbed my belly "nepotism isn't my thing"
"But won't your kids benefit from it?" Alfie asked.
"Hell no, they'll still get their first job at 16 in a grocery store like the rest of us" I said and they laughed.

"You seem really nice" Veronica said.
"Were you expecting me not to be?" I asked.
"No you always acted really nice on social media, but people always talk about how some celebrities are actually dickheads and really bitchy" she said.
"I am not one of them" I chuckled "Plus I don't have them energy to be a bitch, I'm tired from walking for 10 minutes" I laughed.
"Luckily your room isn't that far from here" they guided me through the ferry and made an effort for me not to be seen. After a few minutes I was given the key as we walked into the room.

"This is cuteeee" I sat down "thank you guys so much""No problem" they smiled "just call down and we will bring you anything you'd like""You guys are too sweet" I pulled out my purse and they grew confused "here you go" I held out two £50 notes

"No problem" they smiled "just call down and we will bring you anything you'd like"
"You guys are too sweet" I pulled out my purse and they grew confused "here you go" I held out two £50 notes.
"Are you sure?" Alfie asked and I nodded.
"Thank you so much" they bowed.
"It's really nothing" I smiled and they took the money "now I'll see you guys later, I'm going to take a shower then a nap"
"Alright we'll see you later" they left the room and closed the door behind them.

I quickly checked the room then locked the door. My phone started ringing and I unconsciously answered.
"Hello?"
"Babe is FaceTime" Aone said.
"Oh hi" I moved the phone from my ear "how are you doing baby?" I smiled.
"I'm alright, the others let me use the room first to call you" he laid his head down on the pillow with his hand supporting his neck. I stared at the man for a few seconds taking in his beauty "N/n?"
"Yeah sorry" I snapped out of it "you look amazing by the way"
"So do you" he smirked "now tell me about your day, I miss your voice"
"Aw" I smiled "ok so I actually realised that I had a business trip planned for a few days so I spent my day driving there"
"You had a whole business trip that you forgot about?" He looked shocked.
"Yeah Eden called me this morning and asked me what time I'll be there so I had to leave quickly"
"Oh ok, so who is with the babies?"
"My dad"
"Ok good, they love him"
"Yeah they do" I sat down .
"You know, this is going to be a very long week" he sighed "I'm so used to being around you all of the time and now that we're separated for the week it feels weird"
"I would say we obviously can call but I'll be really busy with the business trip" I continued to lie.
"Oh wow" he sighed "please try to make time for me"
"Of course I will" I said "you're acting like you'll be free the whole time"
"Yeah true" he laughed.
"How will you be able to go on that boys trip you guys were planning a few months ago?" I said.
"You really think I'd leave you in the house alone, while you're heavily pregnant, for a boys trip?" He asked slowly.
"I think it'd be a great way to relax" I shrugged.

The line fell silent as he stared at me blankly.
"I'm not going Y/n" he stated.
"Why?" I asked.
"I want to spend time with you, before and after the baby, plus I'm giving up volleyball for about a year to stay at home with you both" he said and I glared at him.
"That is out of the question, I'm going to go shower now" I stood up.
"I apologise!" He chuckled.
"Bye Taka" I smiled "I love you"
"I love you too" he smiled "call me when you're finished"
"I will, bye babe"
"Byee" he ended the call.

Guilt washed over me for lying to him but I knew it was for a good reason.

Aone's pov

I left the room and sat with the team again.
"She's on a business trip so I probably won't be able to talk to her much" I sat with them again.
"Damn, so how are you supposed to play?" Kuroo asked.
"Of course I'll try my best" I said "I'll be fine, she can probably call me before the game"
"Ok good" they agreed.

We sat in a comfortable silence while everyone was either on their phones or doing something else that was productive. I start flipping through my apps and watching people's stories. I looked at Y/n's private story and it was the usual various tiktoks, pictures of herself and the dogs then her talking about her outfit that day. With her growing bump she had been buying more and more maturity clothes. Thankfully, when she asked about it she always says that she'll be wearing them again. To everyone else, it means she'll wear them again next week but I hear we'll potentially have more babies. I watched her walked through her outfit and spent the minute admiring my wife. She was the most amazing human being in the world and I couldn't be more happy to be her husband.

"You've been staring at her for the past 3 minutes straight" Oikawa said.
"I'm sorry that I like my wife" I said sarcastically "also, you guys do know that this is my last game for a while, since I'm going to home with Y/n and the baby"
"How long exactly will you be away?" Coach asked.
"Personally, I thought like 3 years but Y/n narrowed it down to when she's comfortable with having a baby" I explained.
"So that'll be around?"
"She said she's forcing me to go in after a year"
"Damn ok" Coach laughed "alright that's fine, we can arrange a paid leave for you"
"Thank you" I smiled.

~time skip~
Y/n's pov

I spent most of the night talking to Aone on facetime before getting tired.
"Alright I'm going to sleep now" I got comfortable in the bed.
"Ok have a good night my love" Aone smiled. He watched me use the pillows to build a large pillar next to me "are you trying to imitate my body with pillows?" He asked.
"How else am I supposed to sleep?" I smiled "I'm so used to sleeping next to you, plus we've been sleeping the same way ever since I got pregnant"
"Very true" he chuckled "well have fun with your imitation me, bye babe-"
"Hold on, where are you going?" I asked.
"You said you're going to sleep" he repeated.
"Yeah you can sleep on the call with me" I highlighted "that's what couples do when they're far away"
"I am so used to being next to you, I forgot what it's like to have distance"
"Yeah especially when we've lived together ever since we met each other" I smiled.
"I loved that though, I got to know you way better and faster, plus, I got to have a really pretty girl walking around the mansion that I paid half for" he paused "but I was really nervous talking to you so I resorted to just sitting next to you sometimes then thankfully you started talking to me"
"I will never understand why you were so intimidated by me when you literally tower over me in height" I smiled.
"Babe, you have genuinely taken it upon yourself to look as intimidating as possible, you literally have the worst resting bitch face I've ever seen"
"But you still stare at me"
"Yeah, you're fucking gorgeous, why wouldn't I?"
"True" I laughed "I actually really miss you" I sighed.
"I miss you too" he smiled "you know I might as well tell you"
"Tell me what?"

"So" he got comfortable "I bought you 7 gifts and hid them around the house and I was going to text you a riddle everyday so you can find them, you know, so you can have something to take my place since I'm not around" he said.
"Awww you're so sweet" my smile beamed "thank you"
"No problem" he smiled "since you're at your 'business trip', you can get them later"
"Why'd you say business trip like that?" I asked.
"Because I know you didn't randomly forget a week long business trip since Erin came over and told you for timetable for the month with a printed copy for your board" he said "but I'm just going to assume you're staying at a hotel for whatever reason, I'll call you tomorrow to say hi to the dogs too, have a great night and I love you, bye babe" he ended the call.

I stared at my blank screen for a few moments before putting it on charge and turning over to fall asleep.