Chapter 33

"I'm home!" I walked into the house after finishing work.
"Y/n?" Aone called out.
"Yeah" I replied.
"Come to the kitchen please" he said and I obliged.

I found the man cutting fruit in silence.
"Hiii" I tried to kiss his cheek but he dodged "what's wrong?"
"She hit you and you didn't tell me?" He looked at me.
"I knew if I told you, you'd get mad at me" I said.
"I'm mad at you because you didn't tell me" he snapped. I stared at him in shock as he composed himself "it's not good to stress yourself out, it could harm the baby" he didn't bother looking at me "please go get ready to go to my parents' house" he handed me a bowl of fruit "I'll be outside" he left the room.

Aone's pov

I walked out into the backyard and found the dogs on the blanket I had put down for them on the grass. Guilt flooded my conscience as I rethought what just happened. I glanced over at the door and saw Y/n standing in the kitchen. She looked oddly calm until her neutral face quickly fell and transformed into a disappointed stare at the fruit. I watched her put the fruit in the fridge and leave the kitchen. The dogs stared in her direction then back at me.
"Yes you can go" I said and they bolted after her.

~time skip~
Y/n's pov

I finished getting ready and looked at myself in the mirror.

(If you don't like it imagine something else)

I quickly picked up my bag and met Aone in the living room. He was waiting for me to get ready and we left the house with the dogs.

The drive there was silent as neither of us were ready to talk about what happened. Nevertheless, Aone continued to be mature and polite as he made a point to open every door for me and the dogs. We walked into the house and found the crowd of people in the living room.

They all paused and looked at us.
"Good afternoon" I bowed "I'm-"
"Oh my God you're really here!" a young woman pulled me away from Aone and down the hallway "I'm Tak's cousin, Mildred" she smiled.
"It's nice to meet you" I smiled.
"It's not nice to meet you" her smile fell.
"Oh?" I said shocked.
"I just wanted to let you know, Tak and I have been close since birth, it's just a matter of time until he gets tired of you and I'll be the one he calls" she said sternly "so I don't know what you're trying to do, but cut it out"
"Um, I'm going to go back to everyone else now" I walked around her and returned to the living room.

I was quickly welcomed by Aone's mother's side of the family as his father's side hadn't fully arrived. I wanted to tell Aone about what his cousin said but I wasn't able to get him alone. I was then pulled aside by Aone's aunts.
"Sweetie we just wanted to tell you, you are so gorgeous, we're so happy that you were introduced to Tak, his other girlfriend was quite the character but you're so sweet and mature, thank you so much" they said.
"Thank you" I smiled.
"No problem baby, can we get you something to eat?"
"Um no-"
"Yes please" Aone walked over "she hasn't eaten since breakfast" the three women gasped.
"Stay right here, we will be right back" they scurried off.