Chapter 34

Y/n's pov

People were going up for seconds but I stayed seated.
"Here you go" Aunt Florence handed me a plater of dumplings.
"How come I never got this?" Aone asked.
"Because you're not new" she said and took my plate and left before I could say anything.
"I know she'll get mad if I don't eat any" I looked at the impressive display "do you guys want any?"
"Yes please" the girls took some but there were still many left. I pick one up with chopsticks and fed it to Aone.
"Thank you" he smiled. I opened one of the boxes and it had steamed buns in it too. Aone noticed at the same moment.
"Don't even ask" I said.
"Please" he stared at me "remember how much I love steamed buns"
"No" I shook my head "but I remember how much I do"
"Wow" he sighed.
"Fine you have one" I gave him one.
"Thank you" he kissed my temple and we started eating together.

I was happy with where I was, really genuinely happy. Taka and I laughed together along with his family who made me feel at home. But of course, all good things come to an end. I casually scanned everyone and found grandmother glaring at me. I held eye contact with her until she was forced to look away. We eventually finished the dumplings as a collective and I stood up to put the dishes away.
"No!" Sandra yelled "sit your ass down" she brought over a small box.

"I know you like these" she smiled "so I bought them in bulk so we can all try them""They are so nice" I smiled "I'll wait for everyone else to have theirs though""We're all eating them now" Sandra walked over to the big box

"They are so nice" I smiled "I'll wait for everyone else to have theirs though"
"We're all eating them now" Sandra walked over to the big box. I quickly helped her hand them out. Sadly, I found myself in front of Pappy and grandmother. While maintaining eye contact with her, I handed Pappy two boxes.
"How rude" she scoffed.
"Choke" I whispered and Pappy coughed up in a laugh. I gave the last boxes to the others and they happily accepted.

"Ok Y/n is telling everyone how to eat it" Sandra announced and they all looked at me.
"Alright before you eat anything, any allergies?" I asked and a few people said theirs. I explained which ones they can and cannot eat. They all appreciate my help and we all tried them together. The macaroon testing turned into a big family discussion which was the best moments for the announcement.

"I actually have to tell everyone something" Aone started. They all looked over at us again "you go" he handed me the gift bag.
"Fine" I took it and walked over to Sandra "we got you this, but before you open it, thank you so much for making me feel so welcome" I smiled "I appreciate it" I sat back down "ok open it" we all watched Sandra open the bag and her eyes lit up.
"Wait stop" she gasped "what is it?" Liam looked at her.
"They're having a baby" she pulled out the little onesie. 

Liam, Aki and the other men launched themselves in the air in celebration.
"Congratulations sweetie" Sandra quickly hugged me.
"Thank you so much" I smiled.
"Woo I'm getting emotional" she fanned herself "I'm so happy for you guys" she looked at Aone then me.
"Thank you ma" Aone hugged his mother.

We were then pulled into more hugs and celebration. All of the men were ecstatic about the baby and the adults started thinking of ideas for a baby shower. My smile only grew as everyone buzzed.
"I'm going to go join them" Aone said referring to the group of men calling him over.
"Alright have fun" I smiled.
"Ok I wont take long" he smiled and kissed me. I watched them erupt once he joined them.
"You really love him huh?" Mildred stood next to me.
"Yeah I do" I watched Aone.
"Listen, I don't know what you're doing-" she gripped onto my arm.
"Get your hands off of me" I stared at her.