Chapter 40

Aone's pov

The match was about to start. The finals. We worked hard for this. Endless hours together training. All for this moment. The locker room was silent as everyone reflected. My phone started ringing and my heart fluttered once I saw it was Y/n.
"Hi baby" she started "I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for being so distant lately, I've been really busy but I'm at home about to watch you, I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to see you out there, I love you"
"I love you too" my smile spread.
"Ok ok they're announcing the other team now, bye baby, good luck" she rushed.
"Thank you" I smiled "I'll call you after"
"I'll be waiting" she chuckled then I ended the call.

"Ok guys" coach gathered us up "I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm so proud of each and every one of you, you guys are going to do absolutely amazing and make your country and most importantly yourselves proud" she smiled "alright let's get out there and kick some ass!" We all laughed and left the locker room.

We made it into the large stadium and the crowd erupted. I took in the electric energy of the fans and waved back at them. We were introduced and paid our respects to the other team.
"Ok this will be the match of the century, we have the National Champions of Japan facing against the former world champions USA" the commentator encouraged the fans "clearly everyone is already siked but we have someone here to get you all even more excited" he said and everyone grew silent.

"Hello to everyone watching in the stands and the millions watching live at home" Y/n's voice was projected through the speakers. Both crowds exploded in cheers while my heart dropped to my stomach. I started looking around for her "Taka look up" she laughed and I followed her instruction. I found her sitting in the commentator box with a large smile plastered on her face "wait stop don't move" she said before I could rush up to the booth "we'll meet after the game, good luck again" she giggled "oh yeah, good luck to the other team too I guess" she said and the crowd laughed.
"Am I going to have to side with the USA to keep it neutral?" The other commentator smirked at her.
"Do what you want" she said and focused back on me "I'll see you later baby" she winked at me and I melted.

I happily walked over to the rest of the team with a smile on my face.
"Damn look at you" Coach teased.
"I have barely spoken to her these past few days" I said and they looked at me shocked.
"How are you still breathing?" Kuroo asked.
"No clue" I sighed "but anyways, let's do this guys" I slapped Iwa's back.
"Damn" he looked back at me "is that your beating hand?" He asked "hard ass hit" he stretched.
"I'm so sorry" I laughed.
"It's fine" he smiled.

The game started and I started up front. The ball was set and I quickly spiked it onto their side.
"Harsh spike by L/n- Aone" Y/n said "first point goes to Japan" she said professionally "good job" she smiled. I smiled and the game went on.

~time skip~

It was the final fifth and the score was even. One of more play would determine the result and everyone was on the edge of their seat.
"This is the final play" Y/n explained slowly as the tension stewed "everything both team have worked for comes down to this every moment, good luck to both team of course" she said the other team served. Iwa received it and the ball made its way up to Hinata who attempted to spike it but the other team were persistent and blocked it. The ball went back and forth between teams and I grew irritated with the building atmosphere. I looked at Oikawa and he smiled then set it up for me. I launched myself in the air and slammed the ball down onto their side. No one was willing to block it and it crashed into the ground.

The stadium was silent until the point keeper changed the board and the horns went off. The rest team rushed onto the court and we all yelled in celebration. The crowd cheered loudly as the other commentator began his yelling and summarising the entire game. I looked up at Y/n was sitting with her hands over her mouth.
"I'll be back" she took off her headphones and disappeared from view.

I waited on the court until she carefully walked over to me.
"I'm so proud of you" she stood in front of me.
"Oh my god you're really here" I engulfed her in a hug "I love you so much, I couldn't have done it without you"
"I love you too" she sniffed.
"Baby are you crying?" I pulled back.
"Yes I'm crying" she laughed "I'm happy for you" I realised she still had her mic on "I'm so sorry for going off the grid, I wanted to surprise you" she ranted.
"You surprised me" I smiled and cupped her face "thank you" I kissed her. The crowd got louder and Y/n laughed once she pulled back.
"Ok, I have to get back to work" she said.
"You're doing the after show?" I asked.
"No, that thing is usually an hour long, and I'm tired" she teased "I just have to close this up then I'll meet you, um-"
"Here, I'll wait for you" I smiled.
"Ok give me a second" she smiled and peaked me again before turning around and walked away. I watched her little waddle as she rubbed her belly. 

"You really are in love huh?" Coach said.
"Mhmm" I smiled.
"Get a few pictures with trophy then you can go back to the hotel with her, we're all going back to rest up for a few hours before going out later" she smiled.
"Yeah I'll be stay there with her" I said.
"We know" the team walked over "considering the fact that she must have driven all the way over the course of the past week" Hinata shrugged. It finally clicked in me and I rushed after her.

I barged into the commentator box as Y/n was saying the final summary. She stopped and looked back at me.
"How exactly did you get here if you weren't cleared to fly?" I asked.
"I drove" she answered.
"You drove from Japan to Brazil to watch me play?"
"Of course I did" she smiled. The crowd fell silent in shock.
"Damn" the other commentator said "who's driving across the world for you?" He sighed "I'm trying to be like them" I stood there speechless while Y/n continued doing her job. I returned to receive the trophy and the team and I acted as usual and messed around. Kuroo held the trophy and acted like he was proposing to Coach who laughed with us and acted excited for the picture.

I slid him the box while Kagayama took the trophy from him.
"Vanessa" he helped her hand. She looked confused when we all stepped back and the cameras focused on them "Vanessa, you know I love you so much" he started while I held a microphone close to them "I love you more than life itself and I want to prove that to you everyday for the rest of our lives" he sniffed "I-"
"Tersuro" Coach wiped his tears "I know you love me, I love you too" she tried to kiss him but he dodged.
"Wait wait, I need to finish first" he chuckled and she smiled "ok will you let me prove that to you for the rest of our lives and marry me?" He presented the ring to her. The crowd melted as they both were reduced to tears.
"Of course I will" Coach kissed him and he picked her up in a hug. Everyone began cheering while they had their moment. He put the ring on her and she melted.

"That was so sweet, I'm going to cry" Y/n sniffed "an amazing display of love from Tetsuro Kuroo to Vanessa Chase, I'm so happy for you guys" she smiled.
"Did you guys know about this?" Coach looked back at us.
"Playing volleyball with something in my pocket was the worst feeling of my life" I sighed "but we're so happy you said yes" we hugged her.
"I love you guys" she sniffed.
"We love you too" Hinata smiled.

~time skip~
Y/n's pov

Aone and I sat together in the empty stadium talking. We had been there for a few hours after the place had been cleaned and everyone left.
"I really did miss you" he stared at me with aching cheeks "I'm guessing this was the lie?"
"Yeah it was" I laughed "when we were talking, I was on the ferry"
"I can't believe you really came all this way for me" he smiled.
"I wanted to be here for you" I smiled.
"Thank you baby" he cupped my face "I really couldn't have done it without you"
"No problem" I smiled. We both leaned in.

"Oh my gosh!" Oikawa yelled "the game ended 4 hours ago! Why are you still here?!"
"We were talking" I laughed.
"For 4 hours?!"
"Yes!"
"Hurry up and get into the car, I'm waiting outside" he left.

I looked back at Aone and we laughed. He helped me up and we headed outside.
"So when is the ferry back?" He asked.
"In two days" I answered.
"I'll book my ticket in the car" he smiled.
"You want to drive for 7 days back with me?" I asked.
"Yes" he looked at me blankly "yes I do"
"Oh wow this will be so fun" I smiled "I literally had to stay in my room the entire time coming here so other people wouldn't see me and post about it for you to see"
"You really took everything into account?"
"Of course I did, this was very important to me, I wanted it to be perfect" I held his hand.
"You did make it perfect" he smiled down at me.
"Shut up" I smiled and avoided eye contact with him. He laughed and opened the car door for me.