Chapter 22

Weeks passed and Aone and I enjoyed each other's company. He inspired me to get back into figure skating and I got to teach him a few tricks. I spend an hour outside every night skating alone. I noticed a trend of Muffin following me outside just to lay in the snow and watch. I'd do tricks for her while she smiled back at me.

This night was like no other. Full of calmness and bliss until Aone busted out of the house.
"Y/n!" He rushed over to me.
"Yeah" I skated over to him "are you ok?"
"I have to go" he panicked.
"Go? Go where?" I asked.
"Back home, Jasmine is in the hospital" he said "I booked a ticket for the flight back that leaves in 3 hours, I'll just get my stuff then I'll get an Uber to the airport, I'll call you when I get there" he ran back inside the house without letting me say another word.

I stood there in complete shock while Muffin looked at me confused.
"Muffin come inside" Aone said and she stood up and left. A deafening silence pierced through me as I returned to skating. I put in my headphones to drown out reality. I remembered how I used to express myself through my figure skating. My skates glided over the sheet ice and with everything twist and turn my stress was released.

I absorbed myself in the skating as time flew by. I turned around and saw Aone getting into the Uber with his stuff. Without a second glance at me he closed the door behind him and it drove off. I looked back at the house and the dogs were watching the scene.

Aone's pov

I rushed into the Uber and we headed towards the airport. My second thoughts about going to Greenland was confirmed by the call. I knew it was a bad idea but I didn't want to disappoint Y/n. My impatience quickly brewed my anger as we got stuck in traffic. Within minutes it began to rain heavily to add to my frustration. I put on my headphones to drown out the commotion of the traffic. I scanned my Spotify and turned on a playlist called "for you <3" that Y/n made me. I put it on shuffle and stared out of the windows as the world slowed around me.

~time skip~
Y/n's pov

I laid in the large bed alone and stared at the empty space next to me. It had been the first night Aone and I had slept in different places since we got married. I fought back tears as I thought about how Aone left. I felt movement in the bed and pulled the cover up to see Muffin putting Bear on the bed then getting on herself. She pushed Bear over to me and he snuggled into me. I kissed his forehead and put my arm around him. The dogs continued to comfort me until I drifted off to sleep.

~time skip~
Aone's pov

The flight was long but I finally got back home. I unlocked the front door of the house and dragged my suitcase inside.
"Y/n why are you back so-" Simone paused once she noticed it was just me "hi" she smiled "where's Y/n?"
"She's still in Greenland" I answered.
"What do you mean she's still in Greenland?" The other women walked over.
"I flew back alone" I suddenly felt cornered.
"Why is that exactly?" Kaya stood in front of the door blocking me in.
"Jasmine got admitted to the hospital yesterday" I said.
"So you left your wife during your honeymoon to go see your ex?" Joseline asked.
"I mean I-"
"You didn't ask her to come back with you, did you?" Simone asked and I shock my head.
"You really left that woman alone in a different continent with 2 dogs in a large house in the middle of nowhere" Kaya said "did you even call her when you landed?"
"No..." silent spread across them while they all looked at me in dismay "have you guys heard from her?"
"No we haven't" Simone said coldly and they all walked away.

I stood there for a few minutes and pulled out my phone to call Y/n. The phone rang for a while before she picked up.
"Hello?" Her voice was strained and tired as if she was crying.
"Hello N/n?" I said concerned "are you ok?"
"Yeah yeah I'm fine" she sniffed. I ended the call and FaceTimed her. She answered and the camera was facing the ceiling.
"Y/n show me your face" I said.
"I can't" she lied.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Nothing" she said.
"Then show me your face" I said. She picked up the phone and showed me her face. Her eyes were puffy and red while she forced the rest of her face to look 'normal'. "My love what-"

"You already know what happened" Simone snatched my phone from me "big ass head with a tiny fucking brain" she glared at me "hi baby are you ok?" She looked at Y/n "I'm so sorry about him and his bullshit, do you want to come back?" She asked "we'll pay for the ticket"
"No it's fine, I'll spend the next few days here like planned, I took the dogs for a drive and saw a club in the city, plus I'm still in the process of buying the property so I can't leave" Y/n said "I'll just find something to do for the next few days"
"Are you sure?" Simone asked.
"Yeah" Y/n sniffed.
"Are you ok though?" She asked again.

There was silence on the line for a few moments.
"Yeah I'm fine" Y/n fought back tears "I am great"
"Oh no don't cry babe" Simone said.
"She's crying?!" Kaya and Joseline rushed over.
"Yes that dumbass made her crying" Simone glared at me.
"I'm calling her dad" Kaya said.
"Wait no!" Y/n said "don't tell anyone, I'll sort it out when I get home"
"Promise me you'll do the right thing" Joseline said.
"I will" she sniffed.
"Fine, then we'll call you later, you go get something to eat, I'll send you the money" Simone said.
"Please don't" Y/n laughed "I'll call you guys later"
"Good" Kaya said "by the way, we're staying here until you get back"
"I'm fine with that" Y/n said "is Taka ok with it?"

They all turned around to look at me.
"Are you ok with it?" They asked.
"Um-"
"He said he's fine with it" Kaya said.
"I can still hear you guys, actually ask him if he's ok with it" Y/n said.
"Are you?" Kaya sighed.
"Yeah sure" I shrugged "can I uh talk to Y/n?"
"No" Joseline said coldly "you had the past few weeks to do that then you left so no, go talk to your baby mother since you care about her so much more than Y/n" she snapped.

The room was silent until there was more sniffing from the phone then the call ended.
"You didn't have to say all of that in front of her" I snatched my phone back "especially knowing that's why she's already upset" I said "if you want to scold me do it when she's not present because now you've added to her overthinking"
"I wouldn't have to if you had the slightest bit of respect for your wife!" Joseline yelled.
"I do have respect for her, but I also have respect for the woman I got pregnant and would like to be there for the birth of my first child" I said.
"Would you have done this if Y/n was pregnant right now?" Joseline crossed her arms.
"Why? Is she? Did she tell you anything?" I panicked.
"No she didn't say anything about pregnancy to us" Simone looked at me confused "did she say something to you?"
"She said she wants kids" I said and the women's smiled beamed then instantly dropped.
"If you fuck her over when she's pregnant I will make sure your life is ruined" she stared into my soul. I nodded and they walked away.

~time skip~

I got to the hospital and was quickly directed to Jasmine's room. I walked in and she was asleep with Micheal sitting on a chair in the corner.
"What happened?" I asked.
"She came down with an extreme fever and started throwing up" Micheal stood up "she was in and out of consciousness and would only call for you while she was awake"
"Oh" I stood there awkwardly.
"It's fine" he walked over to me "we're moving out next week"
"You and Asia are leaving?" I asked.
"Mhmm" he said "Jasmine broke up with me yesterday"
"I'm so sorry" I said.
"It's fine" he sighed "where is Y/n?"

"Oh she's still in Greenland" I said. Micheal stared at me for a few seconds.
"What do you mean she's still in greenland?" He asked "like you left her there?"
"Um" I rubbed my neck.
"You did!" He gasped "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"
"Why is everyone acting like that?!" I said.
"You left your wife alone in a different continent! What do you expect?!" He snapped at me.
"Jasmine could have gone into labour!" I said.
"You left your wife at the first chance you got because you love her more!" He pointed at Jasmine "and you're too fucking dumb to see it!" He exhaled "Y/n deserves so much better than you" he barged passed me and left the room.

I stood there in shock before walking over to Jasmine.
"Open your eyes, I know you're awake" I said and she instantly opened her eyes.
"You actually left her for me?" She sat up.
"I didn't leave Y/n, I want to be here for the baby's birth" I said.
"Thank you for being here with me" she held onto my hand.
"No problem" I gave her hand a light squeeze.