XXVI|The trial

|Vera Maklakova|

After sending Archie the picture that needs to be analyzed, we went back upstairs so Diavolo could rest; I know he is mentally and emotionally exhausted. While he slept I went downstairs to make some soup for lunch so we can just eat in bed, cozy and comfortable.

Once we were done eating, I took the bowls downstairs and washed them, and just as I was about to go downstairs, my phone vibrated: Archibald.

"Hey Archibald, what did you find?" I quietly asked.

"His name is Samael Hennessy," he informed – the name is not one I know.

"Who is he?"

"He's supposed to be dead," Archie sighed. "He allegedly died three months before Davina died."

My right eyebrow arched "If he had then he couldn't have been at the trials. Why would he fake his death if he weren't involved in something fishy?"

"Exactly. We are currently looking for any known aliases; I'm pulling as many strings as possible and we have people on the streets looking for him, apart from looking through every tape from that party," he explained. "Do you think Diavolo is ready for this information?"

My eyes focused on the stairs "I don't know, Archibald but he asked me to not care about that when it came to information about the case."

He deeply exhaled "Tell him everything and then get back to me."

"All right, talk to you later."

|Diavolo DeLuca|

I opened the book and commenced reading to her, after a page or two she asked me if she could read so she leaned her back against my front, my arms were around her as I held the book up for her "Ready bunny?" I kissed the back of her ear.

Davina nodded slowly "The be-aaar wa-wa-wanted ho-honey for hi-hi-him and hi-hi-his frien-dsss," a giggle left her mouth "ss-so he pla-planned a mis- a mis- a mis-," she sighed "can we just go to bed?"

I frowned "Bunny, it's alright, if you need help I can help."

She shook her head slipping out of my arms "No, I just want to go to bed," Davina got up and went to the closet – she came back wearing a big t-shirt and joggers. "Goodnight," she lay down under the blankets, giving me her back "I love you..." she whispered.

After turning off the lights I wrapped my arm around her to pull her into my chest "You're doing so well, bunny babe," I whispered into her ear "I'm so proud of you, did you know that?"

Davina sniffled "Why do I have to be like this?" her voice cracked.

"You're more than your past, bunny," I pulled her as close as possible.

She shook her head "No, I will always be a worthless whore–"

"Stop Davina," I sat up and turned on the lights "look at me, gorgeous."

"No..."

I got up on my feet, walked around the bed, and knelt by her bedside "Hi," I smiled weakly as I wiped away her tears "why is my bunny crying? I hate to see my bunny crying."

She sat up slowly "What if one day someone better comes? Someone with education, a woman who knows how to do everything, one who watches adult movies, one who knows how to use the whole silverware...someone who isn't me..."

Beloved chaosजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें