XXXII| I have things to do

|Vera Maklakova|

"Who is he exactly?" Milan asked me as he opened a bottle of beer. He's speaking English because he wants Diavolo to understand – he means to insult my boyfriend, at least in the beginning and in a language he can understand. Though with Archibald he was only unpleasant for the first half hour.

I raised an eyebrow "His name is Diavolo DeLuca, he was the head of the DeLuca family."

"Americans thinking they're Italians," my brother taunted with a grin. "I always find their never-ending confusion so endearing – now I understand why my sister acquired you as her current toy."

Diavolo growled as he got up from his seat, ready to swing at my brother "You scum–"

"Sit down, pretty boy," Milan pointed at my boyfriend, taunting him once again, which is turning out to be a success.

"This is my house," Diavolo stated in a firm tone, which made me smile. "If someone is to follow orders that's you–"

Milan chuckled, annoyingly loud, leaning on the kitchen island "I know your sister quite well, I don't think she would want you to hurt me. I remember her mentioning her brat of a brother after restless nights of fucking."

"Milan," I warned "you need to show him respect."

"I will," my brother nodded "when he's earned it, which will probably never happen – nobody deserves you, Vera," he looked into my eyes with a tender gaze "understand that." Okay, he can sometimes be sweet, but only to me, which frustrates me.

My hand reached for his as I lightly smiled "Why don't you go with Archie? He'll brief you."

He nodded "Archibald, how's life been?" my brother hugged my ex from his shoulders.

"All swell, quite hectic," Archibald replied as they walked away.

"My pogovorim ob etom pozzhe, Milan!" I shouted and my brother just raised his beer. Once they were out of sight, I reached for Diavolo's hands "I'm sorry, baby, he has a temper."

(We'll talk about this later, Milan!)

"He's extremely insufferable," Diavolo complained.

I chuckled "He is, but he's my brother – remember how insufferable I was when you kidnapped me?"

"You had a right to be upset," my boyfriend hugged me. "He does not."

"He does: you fucked his sister. Aren't you upset he fucked Elena?"

Diavolo looked down at me with a half-smile "Of course I am."

"There you go, something in common," I grinned. "It's a start, and I know he's going to love you, but he's not quick to let someone in."

"How long did it take him with Archibald?" He asked.

"Umm," I hummed and he pulled away, just enough to look at me with an arched eyebrow. "Maybe an hour..." I delivered the answer with a weary tone. 

Diavolo rolled his eyes.

I couldn't help but giggle, my hands reaching up to gently squeeze his biceps – my mind got lost once I felt his flexed muscles "Baby, just..." the last time we had sex flashed in front of my eyes; it wasn't long before the nightmare we lived.

"Just what?" He softly asked.

My eyes quickly flickered to his "Sorry," I could feel my heart in my throat "my mind derailed someplace else." Gently, I pulled away and raised my hands to my cheeks; they were burning. "Sorry, sorry," a nervous chuckle left my lips.